Dennis McCarron, formerly Bridgestone’s National Management Instructor, joined Dealer Strategic Planning, Inc. (DSP) as a group facilitator and is now Executive Director.
His experience includes 8 years managing retail stores for Bridgestone and 10 years designing, instructing and facilitating Bridgestone’s management courses. This development training covered the company’s 2,200 retail locations.
At DSP, Dennis and his team help independent aftermarket dealers manage the financial, branding, and human resource aspects of running a business.
- Company started by Norm Gaithier.
- The most influential part of a 20 group is peer to peer accountability. Peer Pressure and pride is the motivator.
- Twenty Group peers help you along the way. If they can grow their profit you can to.
- Admitting you are wrong is a very powerful leadership trait.
- Managing payroll is the most difficult thing to do for service professionals.
- What happens with payroll when there is a downturn or the business isn’t there.
- Too many shops are getting their P&L 60 days after the month end. Tough to make changes that could have prevented a drain on cash reserves.
- Cash reserves are not there to continually support the business on a day to day basis. It will run out.
- Talent Gap
- The Millennial Nonsense (worth the price of admission)
This episode is brought to you by Federal-Mogul Motorparts and Garage Gurus. With brands like Moog, Felpro, Wagner Brake, Champion, Sealed Power, FP Diesel and more, they’re the parts techs trust. For serious technical training and support – online, onsite and on-demand – Garage Gurus is everything you need to know. Find out more at fmmotorparts.com and fmgaragegurus.com