Mandy Pennington is the Director of Internet Marketing at Net Driven, a website and digital marketing provider exclusively dedicated to serving the automotive industry. With nearly a decade of experience in internet marketing, Mandy has worked with hundreds of businesses in industries ranging from local automotive to nationwide e-commerce.
Mandy is also a published freelance writer and a regular contributor to Search Engine People, a digital marketing industry blog. She instructs graduate and undergraduate courses in Communication Arts at Marywood University in Scranton, PA.
Founded in 2007, Net Driven supplies the automotive industry with a comprehensive suite of web presence products including website solutions, Internet marketing services, and social media support. The company’s products are designed by automotive industry veterans to meet the specific needs of the automotive industry. Net Driven’s primary client base is independent automotive businesses including tire dealers, auto repair shops, auto body shops, used car dealers and auto parts retailers.
Key Talking Points:
- Customer Purchase Journey- any touch point customer has with the business. Online- website, or social media
- Consumers are constantly on different channels to gather information
- Offline- ask customers how they use website, what is easy about it? What is helpful?
- Google analytics data, bounce rates, time on site
- Micro-moments- User behavior: I want to do something, I want to go somewhere, I want to learn something, I want to buy something. How can you make yourself present during all of these micro-moments?
- SEO- Informative content, be able to serve intent, have a local business presence.
- Online reviews- Business that respond to reviews and are active have higher engagement rate with customers. Customers see ongoing dialogue and will be listened to and heard. Perceived as a trustworthy business. More reviews and positive mentions cause more SEO traffic.
- Phone- how the phones are answered
- Waiting room- cleanliness, amenities provided
- Perception vs Reality of Customer Journey
- Work backward to see how clients found you and their experience throughout the process; how can you improve the entire journey? Listen and empathize.
- Become your client’s “Day Maker” even if it’s as simple as coffee machine and comfortable seating. Positive experience.
- Customer Journey Mapping
- How do customers get to know me? What are interactions along the way? Where do they see me online? What do they click on? Which locations do they call first? Email? What are they looking for?
- You are able to see weaknesses in their journey to you
- Start with talking with one customer a day to evaluate, you’ll start to see trends.
- Trends on the rise
- Mobile presence for a website is key, need to have either a responsive or mobile-optimized version available.
- Voice search will become a big component of search. The technology is still developing.
Net Driven Website HERE.
This episode is brought to you by Federal-Mogul Motorparts and Garage Gurus. With brands like Moog, Felpro, Wagner Brake, Champion, Sealed Power, FP Diesel and more, they’re the parts techs trust. For serious technical training and support – online, onsite and on-demand – Garage Gurus is everything you need to know. Find out more at fmmotorparts.com and fmgaragegurus.com
Download the Remarkable Results Radio listening APP for your smart device: