Al Haberstroh, a partner, and Chief Strategy Officer at MontAd Media, a data marketing company serving the auto aftermarket
Al Haberstroh is a partner and Chief Strategy Officer at MontAd Media, a data marketing company serving the auto aftermarket. He has over 25 years of experience driving business for companies in the retail, manufacturing, and service industries.
In his career, Al has developed numerous innovative, revenue-driving solutions for marketers of all sizes. He was an early adopter of content and database marketing and was instrumental in the development of two new proprietary marketing tools for the aftermarket; Shop Reach 360 and Audience ID.
MontAd Media is the agency for the successful Know Your Parts Campaign developed for the AASA. Al and his team developed and manage the Know Your Parts website, which gets around 150,000 visits a month from repair professionals and high-value DIY consumers.
Al is a frequent speaker and presenter at marketing and aftermarket events and is a former President of The Automotive Communications Council. Al’s Previous Episodes HERE.
Key Talking Points:
- Tracking data- based on content and relevance
- Consumers do more research prior to purchasing anything-specifically for their vehicle make and model
- Discovered high demand in parts for August- might be a trend to monitor in years to come
- Using data for commercial target audiences, market planning, understanding consumer behavior
- Need to address what your audience is looking for
- “Know your parts” website
- Optimize content for problems the technician faces with parts- problem-solving content
- Control your own brand
- Your brand is every interaction you have with a customer-employees, physical building, social media, signage etc
- Thanks to Al Haberstroh for his contribution to the aftermarket’s premier podcast.
- Know You Parts Website HERE.
- MontADWebsite HERE.
- Link to the ‘BOOKS‘ page highlighting all books discussed in the podcast library HERE. Leaders are readers.
- Leave me an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one of them.
This episode is brought to you by Federal-MogulMotorparts and Garage Gurus. With brands like Moog, Felpro, Wagner Brake, Champion, Sealed Power, FP Diesel and more, they’re the parts techs trust. For serious technical training and support – online, onsite and on-demand – Garage Gurus is everything you need to know. Find out more at fmmotorparts.com and fmgaragegurus.com