Jill Trotta, Vice President, Industry Advocacy and Sales RepairPal discusses pricing transparency and reiterates the fact that it is not going away. Every shop owner should understand this and never let this disable them in any way. If you happen to have a friend who is struggling with pricing, let them listen to this episode and it may be worthwhile for them to best understand how it works and what it means to your operation.
Jill says that millions of people visit the RepairPal site each month and the data they collect helps them understand how to make pricing transparency work for you. She also offers some survey results that, are frankly, disturbing as it relates to satisfied customers. Listen to Jill’s previous episodes HERE.
Key Talking Points:
- Pricing transparency
- Use it to your advantage- use it to gain trust with customers
- Don’t let it disable you as a shop owner
- Accept fact it is not going away
- Repair Pal- Fair price source, not cheap price source
- 6 million site visitors per month- able to get valuable information from consumers via surveys and questionnaires
- 58% do not feel were charged a fair price with auto repair
- 36% do not feel the car was fixed right the first time
- 29% check prices online
- 63% don’t have $500 extra for emergencies
- 85% who had car repair had checked the price online prior
- Let customers go on repairpal.com and see the price range for repairs- cannot give the exact price over the phone because of various factors once you are inside the vehicle
- Service advisor
- Need to sell the benefit and value to a consumer
- Service advisor training and educating is key- should cover estimating and how to present it, have to be knowledgeable
- Customers want a discount- instead, offer car wash or detailing service
- Thanks to Jill Trotta for her contribution to the aftermarket’s premier podcast.
- Repair Pal Website HERE.
- Link to the ‘BOOKS‘ page highlighting all books discussed in the podcast library HERE. Leaders are readers.
- Leave me an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one of them.
Subscribe to a mobile listening app HERE.
The auto care industry is revving up. New technologies are changing cars and the way people use them. To stay in the driver’s seat of all these advancements, you need to take charge of your learning, your business, and your legacy. That’s where the 2020 NAPA EXPO comes in. With help from industry experts and the best suppliers and manufacturers, the 2020 NAPA EXPO will provide the innovations and answers you need to charge forward into the future.
This is your chance to network with experts in the industry. Discover the latest innovations that will help you stay market competitive. Learn more about new products, services, and equipment. You will be using them every day.
Join us in Las Vegas, April 6-9, 2020! Contact your NAPA AUTO PARTS store today to reserve your package for this can’t miss event. Enrollment is going on now.
To learn more about NAPA AutoCare and the benefits of being part of the NAPA family, visit www.NAPAAutoCare.com.