Mike Davidson is from Parkway Automotive in Little Rock, Arkansas, been in the industry for more than 30 years and a business owner for over 18. Mike is an AMI graduate, an ASE Master Technician, he belongs and contributes to Elite Worldwide and was recognized as the Arkansas NAPA/ASE tech of the year seven years in a row. He’s been doing radio and TV over the last fifteen years talking ‘service’ in Little Rock. Mike helped start the Little Rock chapter of ASA and is currently an officer. Look for Mike’s other episode HERE.
Key Talking Points:
- Biggest need in the industry- tech shortage
- Marketing- what are you doing to promote a positive outlook about being in the industry?
- There are people who like the criteria of what it takes to join the aftermarket
- Mike has been doing apprentices since 2012
- Where do we find apprentices?
- Homeschool industry interested in skilled trades, students are used to working in a structured environment. Sign up with Facebook groups/attend book fairs/ad in yearbooks
- Students working on their own since five years old and obeying their parents for a long time
- They have been working in a structured environment
- You’ve got to have a structured apprentice program so these parents get a chance to review it
- A special thanks to Mike Davidson for his contribution to the aftermarket.
- Books mentioned in the content library HERE
- Leave me an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one of them.
- Email Carm HERE.
Subscribe to a free mobile listening app HERE.
This episode is brought to you by FlexCheck Auto Digital Vehicle Inspection Software.
Savvy shop owners use vehicle inspections to find additional work on a vehicle that the vehicle owner may not know is needed. The most successful shop owners fully inspect every car, every time. It benefits the vehicle owner more than the shop because most vehicle owners want their autos to be reliable.
FlexCheck Auto takes the power of a shop’s inspection process and puts it in the palm of your technician’s hand so that pictures, video, and vehicle specific notes about a vehicle’s condition can be shared quickly with vehicle owners. It improves technician efficiency in the bays, service writer efficiency at the counter, increases average repair order and builds trust with vehicle owners.
Today’s vehicle owners want to receive their vehicles health status electronically, this makes FlexCheck Auto the most transparent way to do sell auto repair. Try it for free for 30 days! Go to FlexCheckAuto.com to learn more.