Jude Larson is the president, owner and lead consultant for JML Real Solutions. He is a frequent speaker and trainer at industry events. Jude has vast business experience including being a highly successful service advisor, the owner and operator of a hybrid on-line and print marketing company, a top performer in the financial industry, and had a record setting career in retail management.
Jude uses his rich experience and business success as he consults, trains and coaches results focused solutions with clients.
Jude and I discuss hot topics that are on everyone’s mind today. Among them:
- Becoming a legendary or sought after employer in your town where top technicians want to come to work.
- How building a hiring system improves the quality of your hires.
- Company Culture is precious; Build it and Protect it he explains.
- An important KPI that indicates if you are servicing your customers well.
- Where the future of training is heading.
- Why it is so important to look at your business form a 30,000-foot view.
I asked Jude about top books he recommends. He shared the books that he often uses when working with his clients:
- The Compassionate Samurai – Brian Klemmer
- 80/20 Sales and Marketing – Perry Marshall
- Work the System – Sam Carpenter
- Getting Things Done – David Allen
- Leadership and Self Deception – The Arbinger Institute
- The Flip Side – Flip Flippen
- 7 Men – Eric Metaxas
- Start With Why – Simon Sinek
- The Power of Vulnerability – Brene Brown
- Emotional Intellegence 2.0 – Travis Bradberry
- EntreLeadership – Dave Ramsey
- The Emyth Revisited – Michael Gerber
- Extreme Ownership – Jocko Willink & Leif Babin
Jude is quick to point out with this disclaimer … If a person reads these books in 12 months and implements/applies even 10% of the principals taught, they will not be the same person a year from now. These represent an opportunity for more growth than an average human can take on in a year… He says ‘Go big or go home, right?!’
In November 2016, Jude was a featured presenter at AAPEX 2016. His training covered:
- Finding top performer employees.
- Identifying them from the rest of the crowd.
- Keeping them in your business long term.
- Building a comprehensive hiring system.
- How to eliminate time wasted when hiring.
This episode is brought to you by Federal-Mogul Motorparts and Garage Gurus. With brands like Moog, Felpro, Wagner Brake, Champion, Sealed Power, FP Diesel and more, they’re the parts techs trust. For serious technical training and support – online, onsite and on-demand – Garage Gurus is everything you need to know. Find out more at fmmotorparts.com and fmgaragegurus.com