- Requires 40 hours of training a year from his techs, service advisors, and owners
- Bill provides private training that brings his classes to 6 students to one trainer
- The power of networking
- The team is picking their classes and they are getting ready to split the group to provide advanced classes.
- Their techs average tenure is 8 years. Bill believes they stay because of the training they can’t get anywhere else. Their training program is a long-term commitment.
- Works with other shops in the area to spread the cost
- Pays a bonus each December based on the actual number of hours trained. A make your own Christmas bonus.
- Keeps a resume on all training completed
- Displays a picture goal board for every team member
- Paperless operation
- A welcome board in the lobby with all customers who are coming in that day
- Key tags provide status to technicians
- 17 bays – 5 Technicians
- Green – Yellow – Red Light signifies the progress of workflow in the shop
- Eight loaner cars
Connect with the show:
Check out today’s partner:
Dorman gives people greater freedom to fix vehicles by constantly developing new repair solutions that put owners and technicians first. By always innovating, Dorman has led the way in growing the aftermarket. Here you will see a few examples of a Dorman OE Fix. An OE FIX is a Dorman repair solution you can’t get from the original equipment manufacturer. It means they found a situation where they believe the OEM wasn’t giving repair professionals what they wanted, so we fixed it. Everything Dorman does is centered around providing customer value, both in the quality of products, and the creativity of solutions. Our engineers and designers go out of their way to save repair technicians time and save vehicle owners money. Want to really go under the hood? Take the Dorman Virtual Tour at www.DormanProducts.com/Tour