Guest host and a shop tour with Casey McGowan, Casey’s Independent Auto Repair, Vancouver, WA. Casey discusses the difference between productivity and efficiency in a shop and the importance of measuring technician time management.
Watch the Episode on YouTube
Key Talking Points
- Technician time management- performance-based pay plan
- Tech time manager- clocking in with tablets, job clock is a work in progress screen
- Resistance? Has to be implemented at the beginning of the hiring process
- Labor rate- most profitable item
- Idle time? Parts? Equipment? Why?
- Productivity vs Efficiency
- Building a schedule and promising customers can only be done with a history of time management
- 300% rule- 100% of cars get 100% inspections and they report 100% of the findings
Connect with the Podcast:
Check out today’s partner:
Dorman gives people greater freedom to fix vehicles by constantly developing new repair solutions that put owners and technicians first. Take the Dorman Virtual Tour at www.DormanProducts.com/Tour