Guest host and a shop tour with Lorenzo Pellicciotta, CarStar, Oakville, Ontario. Lorenzo discusses his path to becoming an entrepreneur and why processes and procedures are critical to gathering all information on a vehicle the first time.
Watch the Episode on YouTube
Key Talking Points
- 1991 at 25 years old- worked at import dealerships, wanted to own his own business with anything (tool distributor, pizza, subs).
- Purchased collision business- took a financial loss in beginning going from technician to owner
- Your vision will change- push and change your goals as time goes on. Learn from your mistakes and others.
- Processes and procedures- capturing the disablement, ordering parts 1 time, when parts arrive the job starts and is completed. Eliminate second run-throughs. Uses pictures of what equipment should look like when it is put away.
- Release meetings- 10 minute meetings, multiple times a day to keep everyone on the same page
Connect with the Podcast:
Check out today’s partner:
Dorman gives people greater freedom to fix vehicles by constantly developing new repair solutions that put owners and technicians first. Take the Dorman Virtual Tour at www.DormanProducts.com/Tour