Guest Host and Shop Tour with Demeny Pollitt, Girlington Garage, South Burlington, VT. Demeny believes in a transparent business and lists her labor rates and menu prices on her website.
Watch Episode on YouTube HERE
Demeny Pollitt, Girlington Garage, South Burlington, VT.
Key Talking Points
- Lists labor rate and prices on website
- Menu board in the shop also lists prices
- Be transparent- customers know what to expect
- Experiences as a woman getting car repairs- unfortunate situations occurred. Wanted to go to a woman technician and realized other women probably felt the same. Wanted to open her own shop where women and men didn’t feel like they were getting ‘ripped off’
- Went to school to be a technician- gets bored easily and wanted an engaging career.
- Took a local women’s small business startup course
- Opened for 13 years- hired business coach 3 years ago. Felt close to being done after 10 years and needed support in a business coach. Hired a manager to run the day-to-day.
- Looks outside of the automotive industry for hires- hospitality
Connect with the Podcast:
Check out today’s partner:
Dorman gives people greater freedom to fix vehicles by constantly developing new repair solutions that put owners and technicians first. Take the Dorman Virtual Tour at www.DormanProducts.com/Tour