Get a behind-the-scenes look at shop owner Tom Sciortino’s new ADAS unit. Find out why he waited until now to purchase it, the learning curve with service information, why it is important to educate both the customers and local shops, and a step-by-step guide to how it works.
Watch Full Video Episode HERE
- Autel 900- ADAS unit plus it’s an alignment machine
- We have to educate not only the consumers but the other shops, because any change in geometry, any change in the vehicle, you should at least confirm that it’s in calibration. It may not always set a trouble code.
- Learning curve to find service information
- You have to be able to read service information and be able to follow procedures.
- Static and dynamic calibration
- Use the scan tool for the calibration process to access the computer system, scan the vehicle, and also communicate with the equipment to move the equipment up, down, and go ahead and do the adjustments
- There’s also a screen up mounted high, so you can rotate that towards the car. It’s a touchscreen so you don’t have to keep coming behind the unit. The software walks you through the process step by step. It tells you what targets to set up, what steps to do on the equipment, what adjustments to make on the equipment, and walks you through it step by step.
- Documentation is huge because of the liability involved if someone gets into an accident. Digitally attach reports to work orders and take pictures with a tablet.
- Organize targets in cabinets with labels
- Lighting is crucial- changing the entire shop to LED and painting the ceiling
Thanks to our Partner, Dorman Products. Dorman gives people greater freedom to fix vehicles by constantly developing new repair solutions that put owners and technicians first. Take the Dorman Virtual Tour at www.DormanProducts.com/Tour
Connect with the Podcast:
-Join our Insider List: https://remarkableresults.biz/insider
-All books mentioned on our podcasts: https://remarkableresults.biz/books
-Our Classroom page for personal or team learning: https://remarkableresults.biz/classroom
-Buy Me a Coffee: https://www.buymeacoffee.com/carm
-The Aftermarket Radio Network: https://aftermarketradionetwork.com
-Special episode collections: https://remarkableresults.biz/collections