Kathleen Schmatz, President and CEO of the Auto Care Association shares her views and thoughts on the industry and the association she has led for the last 11 years. Before becoming President and CEO Kathleen served as executive vice president. She joined the Auto Care Association after 30 years with Babcox, a leader in aftermarket communication services.
Kathleen is a nationally-recognized advocate of the automotive aftermarket and a sought-after speaker and presenter. She is frequently interviewed by the media, appearing on the NBC “Today” Show, CNBC and in The New York Times and now on the Remarkable Results Podcast.
Kathleen Schmatz is very much on her game, funny and oh so passionate about the auto care industry. Listen as she shares with Carm her views on the future of the service professional and of ultra-technological A+ specialty shops. She discusses AAPEX, the new Auto Care Association Job Board, her retirement plans, member benefits, telematics, and consolidation among many other topics.
- In 2012, she was honored with the prestigious (AWDA) Automotive Warehouse Distributors Association // Automotive Leader of the Year award. In 2009, she was selected to receive the Women Who Advance Excellence in Associations Award by the American Society of Association Executives (ASAE) and the Center for Association Leadership’s Greater Washington Network.
- In 2006, she was named to the prestigious Committee of 100 by the U.S. Chamber of Commerce. The committee is comprised of the leading association chief executives.
- In 2006, she received the SEMA Businesswomen’s Network Woman of the Year. Other recent recognitions include: the Martin Fromm “Lifetime Achievement Award” from AWDA, the “Aftermarket Woman of the Year Award” from the Women’s Board of the Car Care Council and the “Distinguished Woman’s Award” from Northwood University.
- Kathleen Schmatz is a Trustee of the Industry Fund; a board member of the Aftermarket Foundation; and a board member of the Coalition for Auto Repair Equality.
- Kathleen has served as an officer of the Auto International Association, the Automotive Communication Council and was founding president of the Car Care Council Women’s Board. She has also contributed as a curriculum advisor to Northwood University and as chair of the Auto Care Association Marketing and Communications Committee.
- She received her master’s degree in mass media communications from The University of Akron and her bachelor’s degree from Kent State University.
Below find links to topics discussed on the podcast:
- Job Board
The Job and Career Development Program is launching an industry job board at http://www.autocarecareers.org/ This service includes new features for individuals and organizations to help facilitate employment connections nationwide. To encourage support from the industry, postings on the job board will be FREE through the end of October. Applicants can upload resumes and apply for positions complimentary. If a member is interested in posting, please direct them to the career website where they can create an account and upload their positions.If you have any questions about the upcoming launch, please feel free to contact: email@example.com.
Launch info: http://www.carcare.org/2014/01/car-care-council-introduces-maintenance-mondays/ Actual videos are always posted to Instagram: https://instagram.com/carcarecouncil/
- AAPEX General Session with Louis Efron from Telsla http://bit.ly/1JUF7i2 will talk on “Tesla Motor’s Magic – Why Purpose Matters Most”