Thomas David Meyers (Tom) is employed by Taylor’s Auto Service in Chapin, SC. He has a dual role as lead tech and shop foreman. He has carried both titles at four different shops since 1995.
NOTE: Look at all the cool equipment in the picture with Tom. He is proud of his diagnostic tools!
Tom’s commitment to automotive diagnostic technology has been proven through beta testing for Sun Electric/Snap On Diagnostics, a position he has held for over two decades.
In 2009 Tom Meyers was selected as the NAPA/ASE Technician of the Year for the Chicagoland area. This is a first for a non-owner technician. He is an ASE Master Certified Tech with L1 Certification and works on everything from computer diagnostics and engine performance to engine installations and rebuilding differentials. In the past 40 years he has always focused on repair quality and the latest automotive technology.
We covered many hot topics like:
- Burn out.
- The value of Vision High Tech Training and Expo for his personal training.
- A special way diagnostics solutions come to him.
- His work stress reliever.
- Technician mentoring.
- Telematics and future technology.
- How his personal mentor changed his outlook and attitude on his role in the industry and saved him from throwing in the towel.
- The need for youth to enter our industry.
There’s so much more. You’re going to like this very easy going but powerful interview.
This episode is brought to you by Federal-Mogul Motorparts and Garage Gurus. With brands like Moog, Felpro, Wagner Brake, Champion, Sealed Power, FP Diesel and more, they’re the parts techs trust. For serious technical training and support – online, onsite and on-demand – Garage Gurus is everything you need to know. Find out more at fmmotorparts.com and fmgaragegurus.com