Chuck Abbott, VP Sales US with CPS automotive started in the Automotive Industry in 1993 in Business Development with White Industries, a manufacturer of Air Conditioning Service Equipment.
He became General Manger of White Industries in 1997 and maintained this role though an Acquisition by Snap-on through to 2001.
Chuck also served as National Sales Manager thereafter for two other Automotive companies through 2009 at which time he became Vice President of Sales for UView Ultraviolet Systems. UView is part of CPS Products, Inc.
Chuck serves on the board of directors for the Automotive Maintenance and Repair Association (AMRA). He is a newly elected board member of Equipment and Tool Institute (ETI) and is a member of Society of Automotive Engineers (SAE).
Episode Talking Points
- Today’s cars are lasting longer. Are shops making the switch from repair and go to maintenance?
- There is a big need in our industry for shop owner business management education.
- Boomer retirement is creating opportunities for younger people
- He has a challenge in finding good automotive sales people and relates that to the challenge in finding good technicians and shop owners.
- He believes that top shop operators will pick up the slack as service centers close or continue a downward spiral.
- Because of CAFE standards 30% of vehicles today are Turbo Charged rolling off the line and in 2021 45% will be turbo charged
- Turbo charged engines do have issues (leaks)
- Shop owners need to become a consultant for their customers from a mode of helping to keep vehicle safely on the road.
- Dentists work that same ‘maintenance plan’ that we must adopt in the automotive service business.
This episode is brought to you by Federal-Mogul Motorparts and Garage Gurus. With brands like Moog, Felpro, Wagner Brake, Champion, Sealed Power, FP Diesel and more, they’re the parts techs trust. For serious technical training and support – online, onsite and on-demand – Garage Gurus is everything you need to know. Find out more at fmmotorparts.com and fmgaragegurus.com