Pete Meier is an ASE certified Master Technician and sponsoring member of iATN. He has over 35 years of practical experience as a technician and educator, covering a wide variety of makes and models. Now, as Director of Training for the UBM Advanstar Automotive Group, which includes Motor Age, ABRN, Aftermarket Business World and Dealer News, his primary goal is to bring working technicians the information they need to succeed. Listen to Pete’s previous episodes HERE.
Key Talking Points:
- They are blessed that many of their contributors are working techs.
- They serve 100,000 shops in the United States which is why the accuracy of every article is critical.
- Pete needed new tires for this truck because in his own shop he does not have a tire machine.
- Purchased online with a 35% off coupon and set the appointment.
- Went to get tires changed- wanted alignment checked and had to ask to have it done
- Missed service opportunity
- No process for customer service
- Training for techs
- If you are employed at a shop that will not support time off for training or assistance in funding for training, there are a lot of other shops that will. Go find them.
- The only way to keep passion and rise in the industry, find a shop that mirrors your same passion and goals
- Shop owners- need to be a part of the industry advisory council for local high schools and colleges.
- Manage your customer service- test your culture
- Phone shop your locations
- Ask female to shop business to see how they are serviced
- Thanks to Pete Meier for his contribution to the aftermarket’s premier podcast.
- Link to the ‘BOOKS‘ page highlighting all books discussed in the podcast library HERE. Leaders are readers.
- Leave me an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one of them.
This episode is brought to you by Federal-MogulMotorparts and Garage Gurus. With brands like Moog, Felpro, Wagner Brake, Champion, Sealed Power, FP Diesel and more, they’re the parts techs trust. For serious technical training and support – online, onsite and on-demand – Garage Gurus is everything you need to know. Find out more at fmmotorparts.com and fmgaragegurus.com
Subscribe to a mobile listening app HERE.