In this episode, Carm Capriotto sits down with a panel of automotive professionals who share their experiences at the Leadership 2.0 Program from the University of the Aftermarket. They discuss the importance of professional development and improving leadership techniques in the industry and how the program helped them bond with fellow service professionals. Johnny Weber, the owner of Weber’s Automotive in Dayton, Ohio, was the focus of their project. Find out how they helped him transition from a technician to a shop owner and the importance of resources available in the aftermarket industry.
Johnny Weber, Weber’s Automotive, Dayton, OH.
Jason Caldwell, Director of Sales/Partner RPS Marketing
Alda Rodriguez, Sales Manager, Service Dealer Solutions, Epicor Software Corporation
Lindsay Maurer, Standard Motor Products, Pricing Manager, North American Business
- Watch Full Video Episode HERE
- Introduction to Leadership 2.0 program (00:00:06) Leadership 2.0 program from the University of the Aftermarket
- Importance of professional development (00:03:39) The importance of professional development and improving leadership and organizational culture techniques in the automotive industry.
- Rallying around Johnny Weber (00:03:30) The guests discuss how they built their entire project for the Leadership 2.0 program around Johnny Weber and his place in the industry and how they bonded with fellow service professionals during the program.
- Leadership 2.0 program (00:05:12) How Johnny Weber transitioned from technician to shop owner through the Leadership 2.0 program and the importance of industry resources.
- Overwhelming experience (00:07:00) Johnny Weber shares his overwhelming experience during the Leadership 2.0 program and how it helped him with his business succession plan.
- Learning from different perspectives (00:08:03) The big takeaways from the Leadership 2.0 program include gaining new perspectives on the automotive aftermarket industry and learning from different roles and perspectives.
- Leadership and Professional Development (00:09:49) The importance of professional development and improving leadership and organizational culture techniques in the automotive industry is discussed, including the need for service professionals to speak to suppliers and manufacturers about their challenges.
- Networking and Professional Development (00:14:43) The importance of networking and professional development in the automotive industry, including the role of podcasts and coaching.
- Succession Planning (00:15:46) Succession planning and the role of mentorship and coaching in the industry.
- Professional development (00:19:18) Carm Capriotto offers to produce a podcast format for any next project from Leadership 2.0 that wants to present, emphasizing the importance of professional development.
- Connecting with fellow service professionals (00:23:13)
- New Perspective on Industry (00:26:43) Insights gained from the Leadership 2.0 program
Thanks to our Partners, AAPEX and NAPA TRACS.
NAPA TRACS will move your shop into the SMS fast lane with onsite training and six days a week of support and local representation. Find NAPA TRACS on the Web at NAPATRACS.com
Connect with the Podcast:
-Join our Insider List: https://remarkableresults.biz/insider
-All books mentioned on our podcasts: https://remarkableresults.biz/books
-Our Classroom page for personal or team learning: https://remarkableresults.biz/classroom
-Buy Me a Coffee: https://www.buymeacoffee.com/carm
-The Aftermarket Radio Network: https://aftermarketradionetwork.com
-Special episode collections: https://remarkableresults.biz/collections