Gearhead School is an online training website owned by DLP Publishing LLC. The site administrator is Grant Swaim. Grant’s lifelong career in the automotive service industry is highlighted as follows:
- 20 Years – Owner of an Independent Honda Repair Shop
- 6 Years – Independent Automotive Trainer (Honda OBD II / Driveability)
- 15 Years – Full-Time Instructor with NC Community College System
- Published Author (Technology Guide for Today’s Automotive Technician)
White Paper on the Tech Shortage HERE.
Link to Gearhead School HERE .
As mentioned by Grant in this episode:
Link to Episode 312 The Road To Great Technicians Recorded at Vision 2018 HERE
Link to Episode 383 AAPEXedu 2018 The Road To Great Technicians – Roundtable HERE
Key Talking Points
- Tech shortage should be no surprise to us.
- Techforce data, Technician Supply and Demand Report from December 2018
- Public and private colleges are not supplying 50% of the need.
- Gear head days are gone.
- If your people are severely undertrained you have to train them.
- No one is coming to save you. You’ve got to make your own moves.
- Don’t wait for someone to fix the problem for you.
- Some gear heads need training on the basics. Entry and every level of technician.
- A special thanks to Grant Swaim for sharing his passion – For The Record.
- Books mentioned in the content library HERE
- Leave me an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one of them.
- Email Carm HERE.
This episode is brought to you by FlexCheck Auto Digital Vehicle Inspection Software.
Savvy shop owners use vehicle inspections to find additional work on a vehicle that the vehicle owner may not know is needed. The most successful shop owners fully inspect every car, every time. It benefits the vehicle owner more than the shop because most vehicle owners want their autos to be reliable.
FlexCheck Auto takes the power of a shop’s inspection process and puts it in the palm of your technician’s hand so that pictures, video and vehicle specific notes about a vehicle’s condition can be shared quickly with vehicle owners. This simple, fully customizable system is designed to operate on any Android device. It improves technician efficiency in the bays, service writer efficiency at the counter, increases average repair order and builds trust with vehicle owners.
Today’s vehicle owners want to receive their vehicles health status electronically, this makes FlexCheck Auto the most transparent way to do sell auto repair. Try it for free for 30 days! Go to FlexCheckAuto.com to learn more.
Download the Remarkable Results Radio listening APP for your smart device: