With me is Maryann Croce from SmallBusinessvantge.com. She and her husband Tony also own Croce Transmission in Norwalk, CT.
As a business owner, she can chalk up many a mistake that has turned into wisdom. She has been there and done that and shares 5 key principles to help a startup business person get ahead of the game. She is speaking to resilience, commitment, getting help, being curious and giving. Learn why messaging, relationships and financials are vital no matter what stage you are and your business is currently in. Don’t believe you need to go it alone.
Maryann was a banker turned business owner. Tony was a technician turned shop owner. She is also a member of Women in Auto Care and owns smallbizvantage.com
Her biggest mistake as a new business owner was thinking she had to do it all. This is one of the reasons why her signature talk “Gain Control by Letting Go” was created.
- We never taught financial terms and budgeting in our youth
- Budgeting is one of the reasons people struggle with finances
- Do you understand if you pay the minimum on a credit card, how much you pay over time principle and interest?
- If you are struggling financially in your personal life, you will struggle with it in your business life
- The stress is very tough to manage
- Get help with financial management and budgeting
- Tell your school boards and teachers that we need financial education or simple budgeting
- Resources:Dave Ramsey
- Mike Micahlowicz “Profit First” SP Link
- Budgeting helps you stay out of financial trouble and the ups and downs of a business cycle
- It is too easy to swipe a card and lose track of what you are spending
- Don’t spend what you don’t have