Key Talking Points
- Help the classroom understand, relate and apply it- don’t overcomplicate
- Do we have too much “wow factor” are they leaving the class thinking the instructor is knowledgeable or are they leaving with epiphany moments
- Talk to students then listen- take what you know and piece the puzzle together to what they understand
- Presentations aren’t teaching- too much information isn’t going to stick, pick one focal point.
- “Teaching isn’t talking”
- Scan QR code to answer questions prior to class to get feedback, or ask questions in beginning and ask the same question at the end.
- “How to learn” class- learning styles, you may prefer one but you also need to improve the other learning styles
- Achieving certification doesn’t mean you are exempt from learning more
- “How to teach” class- sticking content needs to have an anchor point. Giving information and give the opportunity to give information back and start applying it
- “How to take tests”
- Dunnan and Kreuger- high confidence have lower competence, ability to do doesn’t match what they display out (big peacock), not confident and constantly reading and learning, they stay quiet.
- Learning path- apply the knowledge you receive immediately
Connect with the show:
Check out today’s partners:
This episode is brought to you by Shop-Ware Shop Management. It’s time to run your business at its fullest potential with the industry’s leading technology. Shop-Ware Shop Management will increase your efficiency with lightning-fast workflows, help your staff capture more sales every day, and create very happy customers who promote your business. Shops running Shop-Ware have More Time and generate More Profit—join them! Schedule a free live demonstration and find out how 30 minutes can transform your shop at getshopware.com
Are you seeing auto shops in your area get hundreds of 5-star Google reviews and are you feeling left behind because your shop only has a few?
Hey look, Broadly is your answer to getting more online reviews. With more reviews, your business will rank higher in search results — and that means more customers coming into your shop every day.
Broadly helps you automatically request reviews so that your customers can promote your business with just one click. When you immediately ask for a review after service, when the experience is still fresh in their mind, you’re more likely to get a 5-star positive review. Plus, asking for feedback makes your customer feel valued and more connected to your business. Isn’t that what you want a connected customer? See how Broadly can help grow your auto shop. Visit www.getbroadly.com/chat to learn more.
Jim Cokonis Sr Curriculum Developer, CARQUEST Technical InstituteFind Jim’s other episodes HERE.
Justin Morgan LMV Bavarian Technical Support and Trainer, ASE-Wave Technical Ambassador, ASE Master, L1, CMAT (Certified Master Auto Tech). Justin’s Previous Episode HERE.
Anthony Williams is a Special Projects Manager at Advance Auto Parts, Colorado Springs, Colorado. Anthony’s Previous Episode HERE.