The podcast episode features a Rad Air Complete Car Care facility tour in Strongsville, Ohio. Carm speaks with Mike Munger, the location’s franchisee, and the franchisor Andy Fiffick. We discuss the design of the facility, the number of bays and technicians, and the types of services offered.
They also mention the company’s reputation for being able to fix cars that other shops cannot. The conversation shifts to the importance of building a strong company culture, providing employees with a shower and a full kitchen. They also tour the service advisor area and office, discussing the shop’s busy schedule and the various seasons that bring in different types of business. The episode highlights the importance of staying up-to-date and providing excellent customer service in the automotive industry.
- Watch Full Video Episode HERE
- Designing the Facility (00:00:17) The design of the facility, including the number of bays and technicians, and how they designed the facility from the ground up.
- Fixing Cars that Other Shops Cannot (00:05:03) How their company has carved out a niche in the community by fixing cars that other shops cannot and how they have a reputation for being able to fix any car.
- Franchise history (00:06:47) The history of Rad Air Complete Car Care and how it became a franchisor.
- Employee culture (00:10:27) The importance of treating employees like family and providing them with amenities such as showers and a kitchen.
- Booking Schedule (00:12:59) Mike Munger mentions that they are generally booked a week out, but currently only a couple of days due to the slower season.
- Seasonal Business (00:13:20) The three busy cycles of the business: winter, driving season, and summer. They also mention that they have not had a winter or spring yet, which affects their business.
- Evolution of Business Model (00:17:07) How their business model evolved from being a radiator and air conditioning shop to a complete car care service, adding tires, hybrids, and EVs to their services. They also mention how they had to pivot to stay relevant in the market.
Thanks to our Partner, Dorman Products. Dorman gives people greater freedom to fix vehicles by constantly developing new repair solutions that put owners and technicians first. Take the Dorman Virtual Tour at www.DormanProducts.com/Tour
Connect with the Podcast:
-Join our Insider List: https://remarkableresults.biz/insider
-All books mentioned on our podcasts: https://remarkableresults.biz/books
-Our Classroom page for personal or team learning: https://remarkableresults.biz/classroom
-Buy Me a Coffee: https://www.buymeacoffee.com/carm
-The Aftermarket Radio Network: https://aftermarketradionetwork.com
-Special episode collections: https://remarkableresults.biz/collections