RR 380: UNCOPYABLE. How To Create an Unfair Advantage Over Your Competition.
Kelly’s Dad is Steve Miller. He is a Marketing Gunslinger and the author of “UNCOPYABLE: How to Create an Unfair Advantage Over Your Competition.”
In the business world, He guides organizations to higher long-term success through smart, inexpensive marketing and response-driven branding (no, that’s not an oxymoron).
He is also a TEDster, a damn good speaker (over 1500 paid national and international presentations), a pretty good writer (six books and top business magazines), and a crappy golfer. He also has an edge. You have crossed into a No Spin Zone.
He works in several niches, most notably with small businesses, entrepreneurs, and trade associations.
Key Talking Points:
- Author of “Uncopyable. How To Create an Unfair Advantage Over Your Competition”.
- Be willing to create rules of competition for yourself and difficult for competition to copy.
- It is ot enough to be better than the competition, you need to be unique and different.
- Study and learn from companies outside your industry instead of focusing on competition.
- You are not in the business of repairing cars. You are in business for marketing to repair cars.
- Customers need to know you exist.
- The title is Marketing Gunslinger.
- It’s about who you are rather than what you do.
- Ideal customer avatar.
- Have a definitive description of avatar then start thinking like your ideal customer.
- Cool kids club.
- Purpose of marketing- to be on the mind of the prospect when a prospect is ready to buy.
- Purpose of business- create and keep a customer.
- Create a club in shop everyone wants to be a member of and will tell others about.
- Shock and awe packages- not expected by your customer. So do them.
- New customer gets mailer or package.
- Improves customer retention.
- Thanks to Steve Miller for his contribution to the aftermarket’s premier podcast.
- Uncopyable: The Book Website HERE.
- Link to the ‘BOOKS‘ page highlighting all books discussed in the podcast library HERE. Leaders are readers.
- Leave me an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one of them.
Be socially involved and in touch with the show:
Facebook Twitter Linked In Email Events Speaking
This episode is brought to you by Federal-MogulMotorparts and Garage Gurus. With brands like Moog, Felpro, Wagner Brake, Champion, Sealed Power, FP Diesel and more, they’re the parts techs trust. For serious technical training and support – online, onsite and on-demand – Garage Gurus is everything you need to know. Find out more at fmmotorparts.com and fmgaragegurus.com