Erick Bock is the owner of Bock Auto in Amagansett, NY.
Facing an uncertain future can be a very daunting ordeal. Fear will always accompany you. Either you face it or you fold, you decide. Your decision can make or break you. Hear how Eric Bock ventured and faced his fears when he quit his secure job to open his own shop.
Erick is very passionate about cars and he dreamed he was going to own a shop one day. His dreams came true when he overcame his fears and started to face them head-on. We all know that fear is a huge wall to overcome. Listen to how Eric did it. Learn from it and maybe share this episode with a colleague who is also weighed down with the fear of making decisions and achieving your goals.
Key Talking Points:
- Renamed shop after purchasing it- 37 years in business
- Word of mouth campaign- 13th generation in town
- Commitment as a team as number one priority- family, employees, and customers
- Treats every customer the same no matter status- relationship-based business model, do you know your customer? Kid’s names, family, hobbies
- Fear of leaving a current job with a steady paycheck and benefits
- Erick was 9/11 dispatcher- left in April 2019, owned shop since September 2015
- Passion was always automotive and being the owner of a shop
- Recognize your fear and have a plan to face them
- Working toward being better leader- uses business coach, always wants to do the right thing no matter what
- Keep in perspective what really matters in life
- Thanks to Erick Bock for their contribution to the aftermarket’s premier podcast.
- Bock Auto Website HERE.
- Link to the ‘BOOKS‘ page highlighting all books discussed in the podcast library HERE. Leaders are readers.
- Leave me an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one of them.
Subscribe to a mobile listening app HERE.
This episode is brought to you by AAPEX, the Automotive Aftermarket Products Expo. AAPEX represents the $740 billion global automotive aftermarket industry and has everything you need to stay ahead of the curve. With 2,500 exhibiting companies, you’ll see the latest products, parts, and technologies for your business. As a result, the event also offers advanced training for shop owners, technicians, warehouse distributors (WDs) and auto parts retailers, as well as networking opportunities to grow your business. AAPEX 2019 will take place Tuesday, Nov. 5 through Thursday, Nov. 7, at the Sands Expo in Las Vegas. Therefore, more than 48,000 targeted buyers are expected to attend, and approximately 162,000 automotive aftermarket professionals. They will be from 135 countries which are projected to be in Las Vegas during AAPEX 2019. For information, visit aapexshow.com