Welcome to ASA Technology and Telematics Forumn 2019 and this episode contains transformational information that you’ll need to know and want to know.
Bill Nalu is President of Interstate Auto Care in Madison Heights, Michigan and has been in business for 30 years. Bill collaborates with industry professionals, in building today’s “high-tech/old-fashioned” customer service system. Bill has been a big contributor to the podcast and he currently serves on several industries and educational advisory councils including AutoValue/Bumper to Bumper, Dorman Industries, and Cardone.
Bill Nalu’s Previous Episodes HERE.
Frank Leutz from Desert Car Care in Chandler, AZ. Frank has a weekly radio ‘call in show’ called ‘Wrench Nation’. Frank also does a video feature called ‘Inside the Garage’ where he discusses vehicle failures and cures.
Listen to Frank’s previous episodes HERE.
ASA Technology and Telematics Forumn 2019
Key Talking Points:
- Access to data
- The psychological effect of autonomous vehicles- pedestrians crossing, security testing etc
- Augmented reality in testing- simulated
- Supply and demand- tech shortage, fewer vehicles on the road but those vehicles will be running more mileage. Less traffic congestion, smarter vehicle communication
- Dealerships locking data from independent shops will have negative effect on both
- GM strategy- zero congestion, zero emissions, and zero crashes in future
- Technology is the new cornerstone of our industry
- Discussion of Turo
- Balance of cybersecurity and access to data
- Thanks to Bill Nalu and Frank Leutz for their contribution to the aftermarket’s premier podcast.
- Link to the ‘BOOKS‘ page highlighting all books discussed in the podcast library HERE. Leaders are readers.
- Leave me an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one of them.
Subscribe to a mobile listening app HERE.
Gold Certification recognizes top tier NAPA AutoCares with a high level of participation in the AutoCare program. The program was built by AutoCare Centers for AutoCare Centers to provide a consistent consumer experience, maximize technology leverage, and reward NAPA’s most committed partners. In other words, Gold Certified AutoCare Centers are the standard bearers for the AutoCare brand nationwide. Simply put, the Gold Certified NAPA AutoCare program, powered by your local shop brand, will separate you from the rest helping you boost your bay counts and your average repair orders.
Learn more about NAPA AutoCare, Gold Certification, and the hundreds of other benefits the NAPA family has to offer by talking with your servicing NAPA store or visiting www.NAPAAutoCare.com.