Through her advice columns, books, and seminars, Dolah Saleh has sought to help others make choices that honor who they are and what they want to accomplish. Ms. Saleh is an educator, lecturer, and author with more than 20 years of counseling others in making optimal life choices.
Ms. Saleh is the author of a few non-fiction books and one commissioned, Dating and the Pursuit of Happiness (DRM Net Inc., 1998), which helped people understand their personality “type” in a relationship and provided practical advice for pursuing a happy, fulfilling love life. Her last book, It IS All About You (Balboa Press, Hay House, 2018), which addresses lifelong questions in the search for meaning.
Dolah’s website www.loveinyourlife.com that includes a podcast and provides commentary on career as well as general life reflections.
Major corporations have hired Ms. Saleh as a career transition consultant. These companies include Allied Signal, Praxair, American General Life Insurance, Cargill Inc., Carleton Technologies, General Motors, Moog Inc., M & T Bank, Praxair Inc., Tyco International, University of Buffalo and the Xerox Corporation. To assist in her practice, she has used and is certified in various psychological assessment instruments to provide her clients with appropriate guidance toward life-changing decisions.
Key Talking Points:
- Grieving- experience loss (person, job, business, etc), shock, denial, anger, depression, acceptanceGrieving is not a linear process- goes in and out of all stages of grief
- Separating yourself from what met your needs that is now gone. What do you do next?
- Losing a job- grieving about the job and the people they worked with
- No set grieving timeline- find strength and consider what you can offer to a prospective employer?
- Networking- most helpful during the grieving processReach out to people for comfort, advice, support and brainstorm next career change
- Develop a marketing plan for yourself
- Always a positive and negative way too look at everything in lifeOpportunity to reevaluate your career- how happy have you been? Is this an opportunity to pursue something else that you would enjoy more? What jobs are related to what you were doing?
- We all have something to give, you have value, you have worth- what are your talents? What are your strengths and gifts? Self-analysis- sit with someone who knows you/used to work for/colleague/peer and listen to their input
- Tony Robbin’s website DISC assessment, Clifton Strengths Finder Test, Birkman Test
- Support of your spouseLean on them and accept support, don’t hide the loss of job because of ‘failure’ mentality
- Acceptance and mobilization- move forwardMeet with someone for coffee, talk about your ideas
- Thanks to Dolah Saleh for her contribution to the aftermarket’s premier podcast.
- Link to the ‘BOOKS‘ page highlighting all books discussed in the podcast library HERE. Leaders are readers.
- Listen for free on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spreaker, iHeart Radio, Spotify, Podchaser and many more. Mobile Listening APP’s HERE
- Find every podcast episode HERE.
- Every episode segmented by Series HERE.
- Key Word Search HERE.
- Love what we do? Buy Carm a cup of coffee HERE.
Be socially involved and in touch with the show:
NAPA AutoCare’s PROimage program makes it easy for you to make the most of the NAPA brand. A PROimage upgrade lets you maintain your shop’s identity as a reliable, locally-owned business while letting your customers and potential customers know you’re partnering with NAPA, the most recognized and trusted name in the automotive aftermarket. AutoCare Centers that have completed a PROimage exterior upgrade enjoy an average 23 percent sales increase during the first year. You can also choose to go PROimage on the interior and transform your customer waiting area from merely utilitarian to warm and welcoming. You can even get a free look by visting www.NAPAAutoCare.com and clicking on the NAPA PROimage link under the NAPA PROimage tab. Of course, the AutoCare site is also the place to go to find out about all the advantages being part of the NAPA family has to offer.
Learn more about NAPA PROimage and the hundreds of other benefits NAPA offers. Talk with your servicing NAPA store or visit www. NAPAAutoCare.com