Bob Heipp works for Mobile Auto Solutions, LLC as lead tech and Technician Manager in the Chicago metropolitan area and northwest Indiana.
Having accepted a job that required passing an IM240 emission class, he was introduced to new alternatives for diagnostic testing. This spurred a quest for learning.
Bob believes his desire to learn is what opened doors to meeting technicians around the world. Hoping to help so others could have the same opportunities, he partnered with ASA-IL and initiated the CAN Conference after one of his favorite conferences (the Linder Conference) was no longer being presented. He considers these experiences have led him to the opportunity to work for Mobile Auto Solutions. Bob is also a dedicated Vision High Tech Training and Expo attendees. Hear Bob in his own interview and the round-tables HERE.
Dominik Wrobel works at Mobile Auto Solutions in the Chicago land area. He has a bachelor’s degree in applied sciences from Southern Illinois University and have no experience as a technician.
At MAS, he is working out of headquarters where he get to learn how to use all the technology at his own pace. He and Bob Heipp are the only ones that work out of HQ while everyone else is mobile. Since he started, he has been doing jobs that can not be done mobile because of space restrictions and or certain tools that cannot be taken to the jobsite. He pretty much work by himself and get to pick Bob’s brain with any questions he has along the way. He is working his way up to taking mobile jobs when work at HQ is slow. You can check Dominik’s episodes HERE.
Key Talking Points:
- Hired Dom from referral from instructor from high school automotive boardGraduated Southern Illinois University with 4 year automotive degree
- Bob is his mentor- similar to an apprentice program. Huge ROI with proper training, resources, and development
- Uses “Slack” for communication between all 25+ employees- always willing to help and answer any questions for Dom
- College built the foundation but the technology was the big learning curve
- Talent for finding SI, calibrations, alignments, and researching
- Once hired they evaluated his skills- bugged company car to be diagnosed and evaluated his thinking process and how he can overcome challenges and adapt
- New technologyAlways changing, always new- have to take it one step at a time and be a problem solver
- Thanks to Dominik Wrobel and Bob Heipp for their contribution to the aftermarket’s premier podcast.
- Link to the ‘BOOKS‘ page, highlighting all books discussed in the podcast library HERE. Leaders are readers.
- Listen for free on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spreaker, iHeart Radio, Spotify, Podchaser, and many more. Mobile Listening APP’s HERE
- Find every podcast episode HERE.
- Every episode is segmented by Series HERE.
- Key Word Search HERE.
Be socially involved and in touch with the show:
Since 1989 TRACS has been the industry’s leading shop management system. And in the last 30 years it’s gotten better and better. Today TRACS Enterprise offers even more of the features AutoCare Center owners want—things like a powerful interactive scheduling calendar, faster and streamlined work flow, plus streamlined parts ordering and purchasing options. And there’s more—Punch-out to Mitchell ProDemand, mobile VIN capture, and multi-shop capabilities. That means you can count on TRACS Enterprise to help drive your success today and well into the future.
Learn more about TRACS Enterprise and the hundreds of other benefits NAPA offers. Talk with your servicing NAPA store or visit www.NAPAAutoCare.com visit the NAPA Benefits Center, at www.napabenefitscenter.com or call the NAPA Benefits Center at 844-627-2123.