Mike Davidson began his automotive career in 1984 as a car detailer at a GMC dealership. He started working in independent shops in 1992 and opened Parkway Automotive in 1998. He joined RLO Connor’s Bottom-Line Impact Group in 1999 and graduated from the Automotive Management
Institute in 2000. Mike was voted Arkansas’ NAPA/ASE Technician of the Year from 2001 to 2008, joined Elite Pro Service Peer Group in 2008, and continues to be an active member. He has been a business coach for Elite Worldwide, a published author, and a presenter at multiple conferences across the United States. He created a live interview seminar called “Hiring for Keeps” in 2013 and developed an automotive apprentice program approved by the United States Department of Labor in 2016. As a John Maxwell certified speaker, trainer, and coach, Mike has developed a training program to assist shop owners to develop leaders within their organization. He is married with four grown children, resides in Alexander, Arkansas, and is a member of The Bible Church of Little Rock. You can reach Mike at firstname.lastname@example.org
Look for Mike’s other episodes HERE.
Key Talking Points
- There exist a leadership deficit in the world
- There exist a hunger and need for true and authentic leadership
- Leadership is influence and a skill that can be learned
- Every person born has the ability to lead even if it’s just themselves
- You can’t lead others until you lead yourself
- Have others to speak into your life that you know, love and trust.
- Be intentional when leading yourself
- Leaders need mentors speaking into their life regularly
- “Everything rises and falls on leadership”- John Maxwell.
- If you look closely at issues within the business you will discover that you are the problem – The great news, you are also the solution
- Employees want consistency, policies create consistency.
- Become a leadership company that happens to sell automotive service
- When you grow leaders within the business- you will grow yourself out of job. Your team will become leaders themselves
- “The bridge from good to great is short and built with the nails of discipline.” – Mike Davidson
- Discipline is building processes for your life
- Servant leadership is leadership
- Equipping- What areas do you need learn and grow?
- Attitude- How is your attitude about life and people?
- Blindspots- if you don’t have people around you to point out and discuss your blind spots, you’ll start thinking you don’t have any.
- Pride and a weak character are at the center of all great mistakes
- Thanks to Mike Davidson for his contribution to the aftermarket’s premier podcast.
- Link to the ‘BOOKS‘ page, highlighting all books discussed in the podcast library HERE. Leaders are readers.
- Listen for free on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spreaker, iHeart Radio, Spotify, Podchaser, and many more. Mobile Listening APP’s HERE
- Find every podcast episode HERE.
- Every episode is segmented by Series HERE.
- Key Word Search HERE.
Be socially involved and in touch with the show:
This episode is brought to you by AAPEX, the Automotive Aftermarket Products Expo. AAPEX represents the $740 billion global automotive aftermarket industry and has everything you need to stay ahead of the curve. The Virtual AAPEX Experience 2020 is in the record books. Virtual AAPEX lived up to presenting leading-technical and business management training from some of the industry’s best and brightest. Now set your sights on the homecoming in Las Vegas in 2021. Mark your calendar now … November 2-4, 2021, AAPEX // Now more than ever.
This episode is brought to you by Shop-Ware Shop Management. It’s time to run your business at its fullest potential with the industry’s leading technology. Shop-Ware Shop Management will increase your efficiency with lightning-fast workflows, help your staff capture more sales every day, and create very happy customers who promote your business. Shops running Shop-Ware have More Time and generate More Profit—join them! Schedule a free live demonstration and find out how 30 minutes can transform your shop at getshopware.com/carm