Barry Barrett, a Certified EOS Implementer
As an EOS Implementor in his company, Business With Purpose, brings dedicated support to Leadership and Sales teams in all types of organizations, helping them structure the six key components of their business to make it operate with the best processes for their specific industry, using the EOS Model.
Barry’s energy is contagious no matter if he is in a session with a client, giving a keynote address, or rolling up his sleeves in a workshop. Barry is a business coach with his positive mental attitude, incredible work ethic, and determination for excellence, his results-oriented approach is matchless.
Barry is driven, caring, and passionate; traits that he uses to help his clients grow their businesses in a positive way. Find Barry’s other episodes HERE.
Key Talking Points
- Issues- aren’t good or bad, big or small, they’re just issues not problems.
- If you have a wheel that spins, how do you spin it faster? That is an issue and opportunity, not a problem
- Communication issues is most common- communicate your message with who needs to know, when they need to know, and how you deliver it.
- Long-term issues list- VTO (vison, traction, organizer). Issues that can’t be solved within 7-14 days. Too big.
- Short-term issue list- Level 10 meeting, 90-minute meeting every week. Issues that can be solved within 7-14 days. Identity, discuss and solve. Too often people discuss the symptom of the issue instead of truly identifying it and it never gets solved. Important to find the root of the issue.
- Right person right seat issue? Is it “follow by all” issue that requires more training? Moving to solve, captures all “to do’s” and assign to a “who” (could be 1-3 people) and review.
- Where do issues come from? Usually start from top-down. The top person notices what’s wrong and brings it up. Bottom-up issues lists- when you slowly start implementing EOS within your business, issues can be solved within smaller segments before they reach top leadership.
- Shared morals/shared core values= high moral in business
- Disipline=freedom. You’ll often start solving other issues instead of focusing on 1 singular issue.
- Thanks to Barry Barrett for his contribution to the aftermarket’s premier podcast.
- Link to the ‘BOOKS‘ page, highlighting all books discussed in the podcast library HERE. Leaders are readers.
- Listen for free on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spreaker, iHeart Radio, Spotify, Podchaser, and many more. Mobile Listening APP’s HERE
- Find every podcast episode HERE.
- Every episode is segmented by Series HERE.
- Key Word Search HERE.
Be socially involved and in touch with the show:
The NAPA Smart Sign, previously known as Digital Menu Board, gives your shop a professional, state-of-the-art look and feel. It’s a great way to educate and inform your customers about needed repairs and service, plus increase awareness of your current promotions. NAPA AutoCare Center that have installed a Digital Menu Board found one out of five consumers ask for a repair or service they’ve seen on the board. Targeted promotions resulted in double-digit increases. You choose the content from a library of auto care service and repair topics. The latest NAPA national promotions are downloaded to you automatically. And with the Digital Menu Board it’s easy to change your services, prices, and video content anytime you’d like. Talk to your servicing NAPA store to find out more.