Bridgette Johnson, L&N Performance Automotive Repair, Blowing Rock, NC. Bridgette graduated from the automotive program at Caldwell Community College & Technical Institute. Through the North Carolina Apprenticeship Program, she was able to finish college debt-free and begin her career right after high school. She not only received her Associate’s degree but also her Journeywoman card and certificates of completion for the NC State Apprenticeship Program.
Key Talking Points
- November 2019 Episode 482– IGONC Apprentice Program. 2 year college program, full ride with no debt.
- ADAS- learning about the new technology, cameras, sensors.
- Apprenticeship- online and in person classes
- Interest began in high school- wanted to learn how to do things herself. Chose to do a job shadow with Lucus Underwood.
- Has supportive coworkers
- Advice- attend events, spread the word on apprenticeship programs,
- She is keeping her future open in the industry
Connect with the show:
Check out today’s partners:
This episode is brought to you by AAPEX, the Automotive Aftermarket Products Expo. AAPEX represents the $740 billion global automotive aftermarket industry and has everything you need to stay ahead of the curve. The Virtual AAPEX Experience 2020 is in the record books. Virtual AAPEX lived up to presenting leading-technical and business management training from some of the industry’s best and brightest. Now set your sights on the homecoming in Las Vegas in 2021. Mark your calendar now … November 2-4, 2021, AAPEX // Now more than ever.
This episode is brought to you by Shop-Ware Shop Management. It’s time to run your business at its fullest potential with the industry’s leading technology. Shop-Ware Shop Management will increase your efficiency with lightning-fast workflows, help your staff capture more sales every day, and create very happy customers who promote your business. Shops running Shop-Ware have More Time and generate More Profit—join them! Schedule a free live demonstration and find out how 30 minutes can transform your shop at getshopware.com/carm