As we grow as leaders and build a strong culture in our businesses, we take on many different roles. These are unwritten roles that many small business people need to know that may have to step into. Such as a marriage counselor, a person of faith, an intervention confidant, and more. I’m with Dr. Dave Weiman, a great and wise contributor to the podcast, as we discuss the management of all the different hats we put on as business owners.
Dr. David Weiman is the president of Weiman Consulting, a leadership consulting firm in Philadelphia PA. Listen to David’s previous episodes HERE
Key Talking Points
- If we feel over-stressed juggling too many roles at work, what do we do? Be aware of who you are at that moment, are you having too many roles? Prioritize the roles and refer/suggest other professional resources
- Strengthening relationships at work, being more personal
- Trust- telling someone when something’s wrong or asking for advice- creating connections and being a sounding board. Listening without talking is critical.
- A personal board of directors- your boss is usually one
- Family business- a distinction and addressing each other properly when at work. Succession planning needs to have transparent conversations and ask questions.
- Work-life balance- are you managing time or managing yourself? What are the goals within your roles? How much time do you want to spend on each role?
- How many roles are too many? (Does it mean we’re trying to be too many things? Or that people who work for us NEED too much from us? A little of both?)
Connect with the Podcast:
Check out today’s partner:
Learn more about NAPA AutoCare and the benefits of being part of the NAPA family by visiting www.NAPAAutoCare.com