Behind the Scenes: Hudson Family Trifecta Awards [RR 797]
Get a behind the scenes interview with Kristi and Donnie Hudson on their trifecta award winning year in 2022 as the NAPA AutoCare Shop Owner of the Year, Women in Auto Care Female Shop Owner of the Year and AAPEX Shop Owner of the Year. Jason Rainey and Joelle Pollak from NAPA AutoCare also join the conversation.
Watch Full Episode On YouTube HERE
Jason Rainey, Vice President, NAPA AutoCare. Jason’s previous episodes HERE
Joelle Pollak, Director of Sales and Marketing, NAPA AutoCare. Joelle’s previous episodes HERE
Kristi and Donnie Hudson, Troy Auto Care, Troy, MI. Kristi and Donnie’s previous episodes HERE
Key Talking Points
- 2022 NAPA AutoCare Center of the Year
- 2022 Female Shop of the Year
- 2022 AAPEX Shop of the Year
- Mentorship with Joelle has helped Kristi come out of her shell- two way street
- NAPA Business Development Group (BDG)- gives fellow shop owners facing the same challenges each and every day to get together and share strengths and weaknesses. Learn from each other with best practices. Save your strength, save your tools, save your funds, and put them into the community that supports you. Kristi was the only female in their BDG group in the beginning. She encouraged the wives to get involved. There are now 7 wives heavily involved in the day to day business of their husband’s shop.
- Donnie and Kristi brought 24 of their leadership members to AAPEX
- Kristi’s goal is to get into schools, supply kids with the proper equipment
- Kristi went to vocational school in automotive, graduated and worked as a lube tech at a gas station. She applied to a local community college, and her instructor said, “Sweetheart, you’re in the wrong room.” The school counselor and the dean all told her she needed to find a different career. Switched to EMT and firefighting, where she met Donnie, and eventually transitioned to working in the shop on the front counter and now runs her own shop.
- Troy Auto Care has 7 females that work within the organization and 7 apprentices
Connect with the Podcast:
Check out today’s partner:
Learn more about NAPA AutoCare and the benefits of being part of the NAPA family by visiting www.NAPAAutoCare.com