Chris Lawson is back for Part 2 of our discussion about finding technicians in our industry. This episode focuses on the advanced strategies for finding technicians on Indeed and Facebook. Do you require a resume on Indeed? Find out why you shouldn’t!
- Finding Technicians Part 1 Episode HERE
- If you’re looking to hire an experienced technician with a job, throwing more money at job boards is a losing strategy. You need to go where techs hang out online, and that’s social media.
- Building a connection- ask questions, find out what they are trying to accomplish in their career
- 2 weeks notice- it’s a dangerous time, follow up with value (shorten the time period, putting in a touch point with communication, remind them why they said yes to the offer). Consider creating a 2 week orientation to keep them engaged.
- Always be recruiting- ask for referrals.
- Respond to comments and questions on ads
- Spend time on good headlines and good ads
- Why you shouldn’t require a resume on Indeed- do technicians have an updated resume to apply? Get them on the phone!
- Hiring Insights on Indeed- free tool, the automotive technicians are extremely competitive,
Connect with the Podcast:
Check out today’s partners:
NAPA TRACS will move your shop into the SMS fast lane with onsite training and six days a week of support and local representation. Find NAPA TRACS on the Web at NAPATRACS.com