Aaron Weber, a shop owner from D & E Auto Repair in Chico, California, discusses his experience during the devastating Paradise Campfire in November 2018. Aaron shares how he and his family lost everything in the fire and had to start from scratch. He is transparent about the challenges they faced, including dealing with insurance, finding temporary housing, and seeking assistance. Despite the difficulties, Aaron emphasizes the importance of compassion and empathy, and how this experience has made him a better leader.
Aaron Weber, D & E Auto Repair, Chico, CA
- Watch Full Video Episode
- The fire hits Paradise (00:00:59) Aaron discusses the devastating Paradise Camp Fire in November 2018, one of the most destructive fires in California history.
- Starting from scratch (00:01:10) Aaron talks about how he and his family had to start over with nothing after losing everything in the fire.
- Evacuating and escaping the fire (00:03:07) Aaron describes the chaotic evacuation process and the harrowing experience of driving through the fire to escape.
- The evacuation and traffic (00:07:22) Aaron describes the time frame of leaving work, getting home, and being stuck in traffic while evacuating from Paradise to Chico.
- Watching the news and waiting (00:07:56) Aaron and his family watch the news at his sister’s apartment, observing the live coverage of the fire and the challenges faced by those evacuating.
- Finding out the house is gone (00:11:12) Aaron sees a video on Facebook showing his property after the fire, confirming that his house is completely destroyed.
- The struggle to find assistance (00:15:13) Aaron discusses the challenges of getting assistance after the fire, including waiting in line and people taking advantage of the system.
- The need for help and support (00:17:10) Aaron talks about the help he received from his sister, a GoFundMe campaign, and the support of the community.
- The importance of love and compassion (00:19:21) Aaron reflects on the lessons he learned from the experience, including the importance of love, compassion, and empathy in leadership and life.
- The challenges of starting a new business (00:22:57) Aaron talks about his experience in buying an auto repair shop six months after the fire and the unexpected difficulties he faced in getting it up and running.
- Lessons learned from the fire (00:26:46) Aaron reflects on the lessons he learned from surviving the fire, including the importance of being vigilant and aware of one’s surroundings, as well as the continuous learning and growth that comes with running a business.
- The ups and downs of business (00:28:24) Discussion about the challenges and fluctuations in running a business, including learning new technology and maintaining high performance.
- The power of attitude (00:29:13) Exploration of the importance of perception and attitude in overcoming challenges and achieving success.
- Starting over and seizing opportunities (00:30:04) Lessons learned from starting from scratch after losing everything in a fire, emphasizing the value of seizing opportunities and never being too old to start over.
Thanks to our Partners, AAPEX and NAPA TRACS
Set your sights on Las Vegas in 2023. Mark your calendar now … October 31 – Nov 2, 2023, AAPEX – Now more than ever. And don’t miss the next free AAPEX webinar. Register now at http://AAPEXSHOW.COM/WEBINAR
NAPA TRACS will move your shop into the SMS fast lane with onsite training and six days a week of support and local representation. Find NAPA TRACS on the Web at http://napatracs.com/
Connect with the Podcast:
-Join our Insider List: https://remarkableresults.biz/insider
-All books mentioned on our podcasts: https://remarkableresults.biz/books
-Our Classroom page for personal or team learning: https://remarkableresults.biz/classroom
-Buy Me a Coffee: https://www.buymeacoffee.com/carm
-The Aftermarket Radio Network: https://aftermarketradionetwork.com
-Special episode collections: https://remarkableresults.biz/collections