Since 2004, Stacia Hamp, General Manager, has helped transform Community Auto from her father’s one-man shop to a thriving business able to serve many clients in Northern Colorado.Her passion for educating people about their car, providing a safe and comfortable atmosphere for car repairs, and inspiring people to take action has contributed to her successful leadership at Community Auto and the community beyond.
In 1995 Stacia’s dad, Eric Warrington, started Community Auto in his garage in Fort Collins, CO. Along with Stacia, Eric has created a culture where everyone at Community Auto understands that someone’s car is often the key to their livelihood. He feels it is the role of the auto repair shop to get that car and that person back running in excellent condition.
On April 26, 2017 the Northern Colorado Better Business Bureau honored Community Auto with the Torch Awards for Ethics in the Small Business Category. Winners of the BBB Torch Awards for Ethics are evaluated and judged on BBB’s six TRUST Principles: Transformation at the Top, Reinforce and Build, Unite the Team, Steer Performance, Treasure People and Enthusiastically Reinvest
I want to personally congratulate Eric Warrington and Stacia Hamp for this honor. I know that Stacia was so proud of her dad and team and we held the interview until it was formally announced. Enjoy her excitement when you hear her announce it in the interview.
- In business with her Dad 13 years. Dad and Daughter complement each other.
- Formal education: Elementary Teacher.
- Employee training expectations, require 50 hours each year.
- Mission: Never put money ahead of people .
- Her dad had the strong culture of purpose already in place. Stacia brought the strength of processes and systems to the business.
- Learn about how Stacia hires for a cultural fit and the process they go through.
- Reviewing comebacks. Most comebacks can be eliminated by reviewing the work flow process.
- Referrals are the best marketing opportunity
- Referring customer gets a thank you note and a special discount
- DVI has increased transparency and in turn has increased trust
Community Auto Overview:
|Years Stacia in industry:||13|
|Years in business ownership:||1|
|Number of technicians:||4|
|Number of lifts:||7|
|Number of bays:||8|
|Annual estimated volume:||$1.3M|
|Average Number of Training Hours Per Year/Technician & Service Advisor:||50|
|Industry involvement:||ASA, NAPA Elite BDG, AAA|
|Special Accreditation's:||ASE Service Consultant, Elite Masters Program|
|Philanthropy:||Project Self Sufficiency, Liberty Common School|
|Honors:||BBB Torch Award for Business Ethics|
This episode is brought to you by Federal-Mogul Motorparts and Garage Gurus. With brands like Moog, Felpro, Wagner Brake, Champion, Sealed Power, FP Diesel and more, they’re the parts techs trust. For serious technical training and support – online, onsite and on-demand – Garage Gurus is everything you need to know. Find out more at fmmotorparts.com and fmgaragegurus.com