Paul Louwers is the CEO and co-founder of Automotive Video and the driving force behind the concept and execution of Automotive Video Innovations.
Since 1994, Paul and his wife, Sherry, have been taking automotive education to the next level by releasing some of the most modern and detailed training videos ever produced.
Paul is the CEO and co-founder of Automotive Video Innovations, located in Ft. Myers, FL.
Since 1994, Paul and his wife, Sherry have been taking automotive education to the next level by releasing some of the most modern and detailed training videos ever produced.
AVI is an automotive aftermarket training company that provides continuing education for professional technicians and shop owners. AVI has been recognized by automotive industry leaders numerous times and has won several awards for excellence in training.
During his spare time, Paul enjoys fishing and boating around Sanibel and Captiva Islands. He also enjoys watching sports, especially those teams from his hometown of Detroit, Michigan.
Key Talking Points:
- Paul Louwers has been in the training business for 25 years
- AVI- is a business tool that includes a learning management system
- 20% DVDs
- 2010 evolved to digital, AVI on-demand online
- Offering training as a tool- assessments, manage entire staff with groupings
- They host BOSCH online content
- Live chat and onboarding team available to set up shop on site- can assign classes to technicians
- Always looking for content development and instructors
- Live training events
- Networking opportunities from top professionals
- Hands-on training- important for technicians who use their hands
- Leader-led (hands-on) seminars are important and need to be supported. I engage more senses in the training
- The networking opportunities are priceless
- Mobility garage at AAPEX
- Provide aftermarket with high-end training with companies that present content- the technician can fix a car when they leave, able to apply training
AVI On-Demand Website HERE.
- Thanks to Paul Louwers for his contribution to the aftermarket’s premier podcast.
- Link to the ‘BOOKS‘ page highlighting all books discussed in the podcast library HERE. Leaders are readers.
- Leave me an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one of them.
Subscribe to a mobile listening app HERE.
This episode is brought to you by AAPEX, the Automotive Aftermarket Products Expo. AAPEX represents the $740 billion global automotive aftermarket industry and has everything you need to stay ahead of the curve. With 2,500 exhibiting companies, you’ll see the latest products, parts, and technologies for your business. The event also offers advanced training for shop owners, technicians, warehouse distributors (WDs) and auto parts retailers, as well as networking opportunities to grow your business. AAPEX 2019 will take place Tuesday, Nov. 5 through Thursday, Nov. 7, at the Sands Expo in Las Vegas. More than 48,000 targeted buyers are expected to attend, and approximately 162,000 automotive aftermarket professionals from 135 countries are projected to be in Las Vegas during AAPEX 2019. For information, visit aapexshow.com