Ask Maryann Croce! What advice would you give a new business owner? Will this advice benefit the established business person?
Would you like some advice on starting a business. What if you could apply this advice to your established business. With me is Maryann Croce from SmallBusinessvantge.com. She and her husband Tony also own Croce Transmission in Norwalk, CT.
As a business owner, she can chalk up many a mistake that has turned into wisdom. She has been there and done that and shares 5 key principles to help a startup business person get ahead of the game. She is speaking to resilience, commitment, getting help, being curious and giving. Learn why messaging, relationships and financials are vital no matter what stage you are and your business is currently in. Don’t believe you need to go it alone.
Maryann was a banker turned business owner. Tony was a technician turned shop owner. She is also a member of Women in Auto Care and owns smallbizvantage.com
Her biggest mistake as a new business owner was thinking she had to do it all. This is one of the reasons why her signature talk “Gain Control by Letting Go” was created.
Key Talking Points
- What advice would you give to a new business owner
- Resilience to be tested
- Easy to be the owner when everything is going smooth
- Will have constant challenges- need to be thick skinned
- Don’t lose empathy or kindness but don’t take things personally
- Take a stand
- Core values- know what they are and take a stand for yourself and others. Have to work for you, your team, your customers. Be an example every day
- Ask for help
- Building relationships is key- vendors, suppliers, other business owners in industry and community
- Have a curious mindset
- Be open-minded to new ideas- willingness to grow and learn
- Won’t get stuck in negative flow
- Share and give
- Locally, industry event, you always have something to offer
- Help each other without an agenda
- Resilience to be tested
- What is a healthy business?
- Profitable, sustainable and enjoyable .
- Your business is part of your life, not your entire life- don’t lose sight of yourself, friends and family
- How do you evolve to a business owner?
- Messaging- voice and messaging is right for business
- Relationships- how you nurture them
- Know the financials of the business
- Maryann’s Newsletter HERE
- Thanks to Maryann Croce for her contribution to the aftermarket’s premier podcast.
- Link to the ‘BOOKS‘ page highlighting all books discussed in the podcast library HERE. Leaders are readers.
- Link to Maryann’s Small Biz Vantage website HERE.
- Leave me an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one of them.
Subscribe to a mobile listening app HERE.
NAPA AutoCare’s PROimage program makes it easy for you to make the most of the NAPA brand. A PROimage upgrade lets you maintain your shop’s identity as a reliable, locally-owned business while letting your customers and potential customers know you’re partnering with NAPA, the most recognized and trusted name in the automotive aftermarket. AutoCare Centers that have completed a PROimage exterior upgrade enjoy an average 23 percent sales increase during the first year. You can also choose to go PROimage on the interior and transform your customer waiting area from merely utilitarian to warm and welcoming. You can even get a free look by visting www.NAPAAutoCare.com and clicking on the NAPA PROimage link under the NAPA PROimage tab. Of course, the AutoCare site is also the place to go to find out about all the advantages being part of the NAPA family has to offer.