It all started when Jennifer Filzen decided to become a singer/songwriter and created her first pop music album, Sirena. Her marketing and sales talents afforded her the opportunity to get her music heard around the world, including India, China, Europe, Australia, and the United States.
Her writing talents launched her into writing SEO content for websites, social media marketing posts, and custom blogs. Today, many auto repair shops around the country choose Rock Star Marketing to put their businesses in the limelight.
Jennifer Filzen Previous Episodes HERE.
Rene Arreola is a graphic artist and the head of Rock Star Marketing’s Media Division. Prior to joining Rock Star Marketing, he worked for over 20 years in the commercial printing world as a graphic designer and digital prepress manager. Rene is also a freelance illustrator. In addition to being an artist, Rene enjoys dancing and teaching West Coast Swing with his wife, Jennifer Filzen.
Key Talking Points:
- Jennifer Filzen and husband Rene Arreola
- Rene is a graphic designer and comic book artist- responsible for the media division
- Branding- attract the tribe you are targeting
- Everything we do reflects your own brand- answering the phone, service advisor, candy and cold water in the lobby, check-in/checkout, open door for customer
- Gather information about the client and their goals- what is your message? How do you want to be perceived as a person?
- Open communication with client- collaboration
- Logo design- Why do you want to change it or modify it? Refresh design can be risky, does the logo have a history? Who are your competitors? How will it look on a business card/brochure/website/ads?
- Use a simple font that can be read from any distance
- Is your website updated? Responsive design?
- Stand out amongst the cookie-cutter branding- everything you are doing reflects your voice, be consistent, are you specialized, how are you unique?
- Get creative and stand out- Instead of using pictures of team Rene created illustrations of each team member of a client, created comic book brochures
- Video ads- most important, will always catch your eye when scrolling social media
- Make customers feel like they are valued and you treasure them- creates loyalty
- “What dancing taught me about running a successful business” Jennifer Filzen Book
- Teaching in dance classes apply to businesses
- Shop owners have bought copies of the book for each team member, exercises to improve teamwork
- Started creating video modules demonstrating teamwork
- New video blog “Marriage Plus Business”
- Thanks to Jennifer Filzen and Rene Arreola for their contribution to the aftermarket’s premier podcast.
- Link to the ‘BOOKS‘ page highlighting all books discussed in the podcast library HERE. Leaders are readers.
- Listen for free on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spreaker, iHeart Radio, Spotify, Podchaser and many more. Mobile Listening APP’s HERE
- Find every podcast episode HERE.
- Every episode segmented by Series HERE.
- Key Word Search HERE.
- Love what we do? Buy Carm a cup of coffee HERE.
Be socially involved and in touch with the show:
Gold Certification recognizes top tier NAPA AutoCares with a high level of participation in the AutoCare program. The program was built by AutoCare Centers for AutoCare Centers to provide a consistent consumer experience, maximize technology leverage, and reward NAPA’s most committed partners. In other words, Gold Certified AutoCare Centers are the standard bearers for the AutoCare brand nationwide. Simply put, the Gold Certified NAPA AutoCare program, powered by your local shop brand, will separate you from the rest helping you boost your bay counts and your average repair orders.
Learn more about NAPA AutoCare, Gold Certification, and the hundreds of other benefits the NAPA family has to offer. Talk with your servicing NAPA store or visit www.NAPAAutoCare.com