Maryann Croce from SmallBusinessvantge.com. She and her husband Tony also own Croce Transmission in Norwalk, CT.
As a business owner, she can chalk up many a mistake that has turned into wisdom. She has been there and done that and shares 5 key principles to help a startup business person get ahead of the game. She is speaking to resilience, commitment, getting help, being curious and giving. Learn why messaging, relationships and financials are vital no matter what stage you are and your business is currently in. Don’t believe you need to go it alone.
Her biggest mistake as a new business owner was thinking she had to do it all. This is one of the reasons why her signature talk “Gain Control by Letting Go” was created.
Key Talking Points:
- Technicians turned owner- technicians are do-ers, want to get things accomplished but end up being stuck in comfort zoneOwner different skill set- need plan of action and look at business as separate entity
- MVP: mission, vision, purpose- why are we doing what we do every day? What motivates you besides the financial aspect? What are your core beliefs? What led you to become owner?
- Impact, community, purpose- communicate that to your team, align yourself with employees and customers that want to be part of it
- Maryann’s inner motivation for business- resource for community, gave different perspective looking at business
- How do I ________? Grow sales, close more sales, cut costs, build business culture etcStart with you and 1 problem at a time
- Example: Struggling with sales- what is the process? Who are you marketing to? Is your customer your ideal customer?
- Look at business from the viewpoint of the customer- what is their challenger? Want a vehicle repaired but want convenience, warranty loaner car etc.
- Never unload your problems onto customer- part did not come in, technician out, it negatively affects customer’s experience
- Your business needs to be sustainable long termHabits of not charging for certain things, discounting etc- you are not making impact or helping your business
- Dive into your reviews and feedback- businesses grow when owners grow
- Smallbizvantage.com- free resources
- Thanks to Maryann Croce for her contribution to the aftermarket’s premier podcast.
- Link to the ‘BOOKS‘ page highlighting all books discussed in the podcast library HERE. Leaders are readers.
- Love what we do, buy a cup of coffee HERE.
Be socially involved and in touch with the show:
Listen for free on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spreaker, iHeart Radio, Spotify, Podchaser and many more. Mobile Listening APP’s HERE
This episode is brought to you by AAPEX, the Automotive Aftermarket Products Expo. AAPEX represents the $740 billion global automotive aftermarket industry and has everything you need to stay ahead of the curve. With 2,500 exhibiting companies, you’ll see the latest products, parts, and technologies for your business. As a result, the event also offers advanced training for shop owners, technicians, warehouse distributors (WDs) and auto parts retailers, as well as networking opportunities to grow your business. AAPEX 2020 will take place Tuesday, Nov. 3 through Thursday, Nov. 5, 2020 at the Sands Expo in Las Vegas. Therefore, more than 48,000 targeted buyers are expected to attend, and approximately 162,000 automotive aftermarket professionals. They will be from 135 countries which are projected to be in Las Vegas during AAPEX 2020. For information, visit aapexshow.com
This episode is brought to you by Shop-Ware Shop Management. It’s time to run your business at its fullest potential with the industry’s leading technology. Shop-Ware Shop Management will increase your efficiency with lightning-fast workflows, help your staff capture more sales every day, and create very happy customers who promote your business. Shops running Shop-Ware have More Time and generate More Profit—join them! Schedule a free live demonstration and find out how 30 minutes can transform your shop at shop-ware.com