Dr. David Weiman is the president of Weiman Consulting, a leadership consulting firm in Philadelphia PA. He is also an adjunct Assistant Professor at Widener University’s Institute for Graduate Clinical Psychology, and he is a Certified Performance Coach through Johnson & Johnson’s Human Performance Institute.
Dr. Weiman has been quoted in BusinessWeek, the Los Angeles Times, Men’s Health, Entrepreneur, and many other publications. He has also been a guest on Fox News Philadelphia, Money Matters TV, and numerous podcasts, where he shares insights about the psychology of success, motivation, and more. You can check David’s other episodes HERE.
Key Talking Points:
- Keeping a client for life
- Creating a connection, experience and trust- customers are relying on the shop to help them
- Kindness can often be repaid in years of loyalty from customer and referrals
- Has to be innate value to treat customers a certain way.
- One of the first things we learn as children is storytelling- challenge then a hero arises. Boil down technician language to simple terms for customers to understand
- COVID-19- Has accounted for chronic and acute stress
- Getting through the pandemic together- recognizing there is a bigger picture involved
- Simmering stressing from the pandemic can cause bigger reactions to situations that normally wouldn’t have a reaction.
- What is the opportunity for me to learn from this? Decipher reactions based on underlying stress due to COVID-19.
- Realize there are all different comfort levels people have with being outside of their house right now- shops have continued to be open but many people are just leaving their houses. Have awareness.
- Every customer that comes to shop has a problem- they aren’t stopping to say hello- so you’re dealing with stressors all day long, even if you have gotten used to it.
- Implement stress-reducing activities daily- don’t wait until you are maxed out with stress to do something about it.
- Oscillation- take regular breaks whether you feel you need them or not. It will help to refocus and re-energize. Breathing exercises while counting, stretching, going for a short walk.
- Focus on things you do have control over- circle of concern vs circle of influence and apply stress-relieving techniques based on what stress you currently are experiencing
- Normal stress- getting to work, dealing with traffic, paying bills, etc
- Training stress- learning new techniques, we put ourselves in it or called to do. In the end you will have more knowledge and skills.
- Excessive stress- chronic or acute stress
- Acknowledge the people in your life who you are grateful for and let them know specifically why
- Every morning take the time to reflect what you are grateful for- 5 minutes
- Thanks to Dr. David Weiman for his contribution to the aftermarket’s premier podcast.
- Link to the ‘BOOKS‘ page highlighting all books discussed in the podcast library HERE. Leaders are readers.
- Listen for free on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spreaker, iHeart Radio, Spotify, Podchaser and many more. Mobile Listening APP’s HERE
- Find every podcast episode HERE.
- Every episode segmented by Series HERE.
- Key Word Search HERE.
The NAPA Smart Sign, previously known as Digital Menu Board, gives your shop a professional, state-of-the-art look and feel. It’s a great way to educate and inform your customers about needed repairs and service, plus increase awareness of your current promotions. NAPA AutoCare Center that have installed a Digital Menu Board found one out of five consumers ask for a repair or service they’ve seen on the board. Targeted promotions resulted in double-digit increases. You choose the content from a library of auto care service and repair topics. The latest NAPA national promotions are downloaded to you automatically. And with the Digital Menu Board it’s easy to change your services, prices, and video content anytime you’d like. Talk to your servicing NAPA store to find out more.
Learn more about NAPA Smart Sign and the hundreds of other benefits NAPA offers. visit the NAPA Benefits Center, at www.napabenefitscenter.com or call the NAPA Benefits Center at 844-627-2123.