Robbie Bunch is a multi-tasker that is currently with Sav-Mor Automotive in Plano Tx & OwnerOperator of Platform Digital Marketing. He has been in the industry since 1992 in positions ranging from Tire Sales Manager to Consulting Trainer and Many in Between. Robbie is currently working in a remote capacity with Sav-Mor Automotive performing duties that include basic service writer responsibilities to consultingtraining the Owner & General Manager on many different aspects of managing a successful shop from sales techniques to analyzing the P&L and correcting issues quickly in real time and anything else that comes up along the way, nothing is out of bounds. Additionally, he has separate responsibilities over the digital marketing efforts for the shop and other businesses as well which is his newest venture into learning and executing the latest digital marketing techniques in this ever-changing post 2020 atmosphere for not just auto repair shops but any local business. Robbie is excited about the possibilities of virtualremote service writers to help repair shops meet their staffing needs with experienced front shop help on an “on-demand” basis which makes hitting your payroll goals much more manageable while still having the skilled help required when needed! Look for Robbie’s episodes HERE.
Key Talking Points:
- Virtual service advisor (VSA)Because of COVID more people are working remotely and it is widely accepted.
- Most businesses have 90% of the tools needed to have a VSA
- Certain shops might have a short term need due to unforeseen circumstances- planned or sudden shortage
- Keeping the wrong person in business or letting someone go and being short-handed are both equally harmful
- VOIP (Voice over internet protocol) phone service- easy to set up and flexible to use
- Phone calls can be recorded and referenced later as a training tool
- Supporting estimates- need some counter/customer/vehicle experience inside automotive business prior
- Selling service to customers
- Opportunity for retirees in the industry to work remotely
- Improving customer service with the added support
- Locally owned and operated business Change the phrasing of “Mom and Pop Store” to “Neighborhood Professional Service Center”
- Still have the local community feel without outsourcing overseas
- Future VSA business plan Robbie now has training and VSA background- working as VSA support member on the side. Also continues to work for his other business “Platform Digital Marketing.”
- Robbie’s average ticket with shop he is VSA with is 4.5X the shop’s average but the gap is closing with the ability to record calls and listen later- learning comes from listening
- Thanks to Robbie Bunch for his contribution to the aftermarket’s premier podcast.
- Link to the ‘BOOKS‘ page, highlighting all books discussed in the podcast library HERE. Leaders are readers.
- Listen for free on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spreaker, iHeart Radio, Spotify, Podchaser, and many more. Mobile Listening APP’s HERE
- Find every podcast episode HERE.
- Every episode is segmented by Series HERE.
- Key Word Search HERE.
Be socially involved and in touch with the show:
The NAPA Smart Sign, previously known as Digital Menu Board, gives your shop a professional, state-of-the-art look and feel. It’s a great way to educate and inform your customers about needed repairs and service, plus increase awareness of your current promotions. NAPA AutoCare Center that have installed a Digital Menu Board found one out of five consumers ask for a repair or service they’ve seen on the board. Targeted promotions resulted in double-digit increases. You choose the content from a library of auto care service and repair topics. The latest NAPA national promotions are downloaded to you automatically. And with the Digital Menu Board it’s easy to change your services, prices, and video content anytime you’d like. Talk to your servicing NAPA store to find out more.