The phone call from a customer is always the beginning of the relationship. Are you tracking, measuring and holding your service advisor accountable for every phone call that comes into your business? What is your phone SOP? Do you have a conversion rate for phone opportunities? I’m with Stan Stokes, founder of Iron Fist Consultants, who has created the next level of measurement for service advisors.
Stan Stokes, Founder & CEO of Iron Fist Marketing Consultants
Video of this episode: HERE
Key Talking Points
- Do you have the right person answering the phone? Do you understand the communication that’s taken place between your staff and the customer? How do we measure that? The phone is the beginning of the relationship,
- Iron Fist spent the last six years analyzing half a million phone calls in the automotive industry
- The majority of people start the search for auto repair near me on some type of device and 60% of all searches end up with a phone call.
- Why did the customer choose you? If they didn’t, how does that impact revenue? How does that impact return on investment? How do you measure and how do you improve?
- A consumer either has a planned or an unplanned service need
- Lead to customer conversion rate- if you take the total number of phone calls, which are leads and you divide that by the number of customers that arrived at the center, then you have a lead to customer conversion rate. Last year, Iron Fist, estimated that the industry has an average of less than 30% lead to customer conversion.
- If they didn’t book an appointment, do you have the knowledge to say where in the conversation could have been redirected to change the outcome to a booked appointment?
- The consumer very seldom will ask you, how are you going to fix my car? They ask you, can you fix my car? And when can you fix my car? And we misinterpret why and how
- Many shops don’t have an SOP for guest experience on the phone call.
- Compliance measurement for service advisors- Did you discuss the value of the business? Did you say your name? Did you say company name? Did you confirm the appointment/directions?
- When we measure booked appointment conversion rates, we find that the show rate goes up exponentially.
- Full circle- measure the call, book the appointment, is that appointment showing, what was the revenue made from it?
Connect with the Podcast:
Check out today’s partners:
Set your sights on Las Vegas in 2022. Mark your calendar now … November 1-3, 2022, AAPEX – Now more than ever.
More Time. More Profit. Transform your shop at getshopware.com/carm