CarmCast – Important Aftermarket Scholarship Information
- Bobby Bassett, North America National Training Manager for Gates
- Jason Anderson, Automotive Instructor at Okeechobee High School, Okeechobee, F
- Amy Schroder, NC Department of Public Instruction / Education Consultant; Career Development
- Antoinette Jackson, scholarship winner: Women Board – Operations Manager, Service Writer, Diesel Tech, Problem Solver
- Note: Antoinette received more than $22,000 in scholarships from many sources. She was a top award winner from the Women In Auto Care with $10,000.
- Logan Riesterer, Technician at R&D Automotive in Castleton, Vermont
To begin, application process student should text their name and email to 720-903-2206. They will receive text plus an email reply with full instructions.
Or go to www.automotivescholarships.com. US students apply online at this site. Canadian students click on Canada link on right side of home page for a link to the bilingual application for Canadian schools.
All qualifying students should apply regardless!
Automotive Aftermarket Scholarship Central Program Overview:
- Automotive Aftermarket Scholarship Central program will provide more than 300 awards totaling over $500,000 in 2019.
- More than 40 donors, with a variety of criteria, award scholarship from $1,000 – $5,000.
- Students just apply once online. Their one application will be considered by every donor where student meets their qualifications. Almost every student qualifies for more than one award. 50+ students received multiple awards in 2018.
- Students should apply if they are a HS senior graduating this year, or already in post-secondary school, and planning to be full-time post-secondary students.
- Two broad categories for eligibility:
- Students with a career goal in the automotive aftermarket industry. Technical, business, engineering majors all OK. Mechanical, HD, Collision, and OE Technician programs are all OK. Any business major, any engineering major OK.
- Students connected to the aftermarket industry. Employee or family member of an employee anywhere in the aftermarket (supplier, distributor, wholesaler, retailer, service center). A number of donors restrict their awards to “industry” students, but those donors allow ANY major course of study.
- No GPA minimum requirement. Can be a foreign student, but only if attending US or Canadian colleges and technical schools.
- Applications must be complete by 3/31/19. Reviewed and rated April-May.
- Recipients are notified throughout the summer. Funds go to the student’s school for their account.
- Special process for Veterans to assure this does not reduce their GI Bill benefits.
Q: May I apply for a scholarship if I plan on attending a school with an OE program?
A: YES. Students planning to take programs like GM ASEP, Toyota T-TEN etc. are all OK
Q: Can I apply for a scholarship if I plan to attend a college for automotive engineering?
A: YES – Reviewers make a judgment based on a student’s career plan, references, past or current jobs, etc. In the past, UAF provided awards to mechanical, electrical, chemical, industrial engineering majors, and more.
Resource page: www.UofAFoundation.com
For more information concerning jobs in the Auto Care Industry go to: https://jobs.autocarecareers.org/
POSTER DOWNLOAD HERE