CarmCast 060 – COVID-19 – An open discussion on solutions to protect your team, clients and your business
- Greg Buckley, Buckley’s Auto Care, Willimington, DE
- Mike Maleski, PSK Performance, Pittsburgh, PA
- Lucas Underwood, L & N Performance Auto Repair, Blowing Rock, NC
- Jeremy Walter, MBA, Clean Care Distributors, PermaSafe
- Jeremy.firstname.lastname@example.org and my number is (717) 580-2549.
- Current situation: the virus, the reaction/response and how to respond to it yourself
- What I am seeing automotive shops are doing to protect their employees and their customers
- New lane emerging in service: disinfection as a service (now and after the crisis)
- Disinfection vs. antimicrobials and the PermaSafe solution
From Tom Ham at AMN:
From Tom Ham and AMI
Ten Suggestions for Coronavirus Prevention at Your Shop
- Have technicians and anyone else entering customer cars wear protective gloves anytime they are inside of a vehicle for any reason.
- Do not allow anyone to come to work who does not feel healthy or is living with someone who feels ill.
- Offer to pick up and deliver customer cars.
- Increase fresh air intake where possible.
- Hold essential shop meetings in the shop area with everyone spread out a bit.
- Reduce the frequency of non-essential shop meetings.
- Do not share food.
- Clean daily (or more often) all areas that are frequented by customers or employees.
- Stop shaking hands.
- Have all staff wash their hands when they arrive at work and anytime they return during the workday.
For additional information, go to https://CDC.gov/cononavirus/
Additional talking points:
- Use Prudence and your Logical Mind to make decisions not your Anxious mind
- Create a safer than usual work and customer environment
- Consider a temporary Magazine ban
- Put sanitizer at the counter and at your coffee area front and back of the shop
- Garbage cans need to have liners
- Kleenex into trash barrels and not laid around
- Clean surfaces often
- People can be carriers and show no symptoms
- Social Distancing
- Information Resources like this show and podcasts
- Eat well, go outdoors, get plenty of sleep
- Take extra precautions
- Pay attention to your family, Your Team, Your Customer, Your Market
- Clean Your phone