Michael Gallini is a dad of 5. 3 girls and 2 boys. I came into the automotive industry in late 2001 by accident LOL. Worked for BMW for 7 years where I became a master technician, I left BMW in 2008 and went to Porsche where I got my Porsche certification. I left Porsche to give the independent world a shot. For as long as I can remember I’ve dreamed of being a business owner, fast forward to 2015 my dream came true. I went into ownership only from what I had seen and heard, little did I know there was that much more that I didn’t know, hired a business coach in august of 2019. Listen to Michael’s previous episodes HERE.
AJ Nealey got the mechanical bug at a young age playing with Legos. The bug quickly escalated to wrenching on his own car in high school, to his first full-time job as a technician and also to a racing career.
He started Nealey Auto Service, Edgewater, MD, out of his one bay garage in 2011 after his racing career came to an end. After he married his wife, Stephanie, in 2014. AJ and Stephanie decided to focus all energy and resources to grow Nealey Auto Service. It all started with taking RLO Training’s Guerilla Shop Management course. Since then, they have grown to a 9 bay facility with 8 employees and have increased sales a total of 1172% since then. Listen to AJ’s previous episodes HERE.
Chris Cotton utilizes the Profit First method of cash management. He is trained and certified by the Profit First Professionals organization to guide business owners and entrepreneurs in maximizing their profits.
AutoFix is the first and currently the ONLY auto repair shop specific coaching company, nationwide, that has achieved certification in Profit First.
Chris Cotton has been in the customer service industry for over 40 years and has been in the auto repair industry for over 25 years. He is a former shop owner that has dedicated his life to helping YOU to get your business where you want it to be and helping you FOCUS on the things that matter to you. Find Chris’ other episodes HERE.
Key Talking Points
- 20 Group Network
- Strong Get Stronger
- If you had been listening to your 20 Group coaches all along, did you come out of the pandemic a little bit better than not?
- Navy Seal Credo “You don’t rise to the level of your expectation, you fall to the level of your training”…apply that to your business
- Be friends with your competition
- Stick together
- Have a cup of coffee with the owner of the shop down the street
- Developing the culture for your business
- Hire the correct people
- If the captains calm, the crew is calm
- Michael’s story
- Believer in being transparent
- I became stagnant
- Lead me to a few different groups
- Sales improved within the first year
- Not to let the word “No” come out of your mouth
- Yes, Yes, Yes and see where it goes
- You let a coach tell you how to run your business?
- Group process is absolutely instrumental
- Feed of each other
- Coaches share with you what works to run your business
- Change is hard for a lot of people
- Slow Day Action Plan
- Keep your guys busy
- Idle time is a morale killer
- Make a list for slow days
- Profit First (book)
- Implement the concepts in the book
- Need to have a rainy day fund
- Can’t afford to not hire a business coach
- Cash flow is the oxygen to your business
- 3 legged stool
- Marketing and Sales
- Production in your shop
- HR and Finance
- What’s the problem with implementation?
- There’s not one thing you can’t implement
- Say yes to everything and implement everything
- Websites are like tattoos, you can spend $20 and have one, or you can spend $2,000 and get a really killer one
- Not everyone was made to be a business owner
- Thinking you are the only one struggling is a mistake
- Final Words
- AJ Nealey
- The success stories exist
- The one-man band shop owners think they are in a bubble and don’t know the way out
- Auto shops are recession-proof and pandemic proof
- You are the average of the top 5 people you hang out with
- Making changes for the pandemic helps ease the customer
- It’s not why you’re different, it’s how you’re different
- Changing with the market and the economy
- I challenge you to listen to back episodes
- All kinds of new people getting into the industry because it has proven to be recession-proof and pandemic proof
- Read Books http://remarkableresults.biz/books
- AJ Nealey
- A special thanks to Michael Gallini, AJ Nealey, and Chris Cotton for their contribution to the aftermarket.
- Books Page HERE
- Listen to all Remarkable Results Radio, For The Record and Town Hall Academy episodes.
This episode is brought to you by Shop-Ware Shop Management. It’s time to run your business at its fullest potential with the industry’s leading technology. Shop-Ware Shop Management will increase your efficiency with lightning-fast workflows, help your staff capture more sales every day, and create very happy customers who promote your business. Shops running Shop-Ware have More Time and generate More Profit—join them! Schedule a free live demonstration and find out how 30 minutes can transform your shop at getshopware.com
This episode is brought to you buy Shop Marketing Pros. Your guides are Kim and Brian Walker with a rich history as shop owners and industry veterans. When someone searches for a shop, who are they finding? Your competitors? It should be you! The good people over at Shop Marketing Pros know how to drive website traffic and make Google work for you! www.shopmarketingpros.com