Carlo Sabucco started in 1994 after attending several years at Ryerson University for business. Thereafter graduated Mohawk college Automotive Tech Program. Carlo has devoted a great amount of time surrounding himself with some of the greatest shop owners in the market. Over the years, Carlo attended training from Bob Greenwood to Cecil Bullard, Dave Schedin, Elite and group process with Jim Murphy, thru to Kelly Bennett, now he is with ShopPros. Today Carlo operates Sils Complete Auto Care Centre, a successful 8 bay facility, approx 7,000 square feet on the east side of Oakville, Ontario. Learn of Carlo’s Previous episodes HERE.
Key Talking Points:
- Never too late for change and transformation- “Involves making fundamental changes in how a business is conducted in order to cope with the shifts in the market environment”
- Are systems in place working? Where do you want business to go? Aligning yourself with right people to grow business? What is your 3-5 year goal?
- Almost sold the business to private venture- was able to see inside how a corporation works and the thought processes of the higher level executives
- Hired CEO coach to focus on business outside of being the owner
- Removed employees that did not match where the company was going- building a culture within the business for future
- Uses XT Profiles for new hires- online process and reports
- He is building his bench by interviewing candidates even if he doesn’t have an opening.
- Future goals
- Second location
- Merger and acquisitions with other independent shops as partnerships- profit sharing capabilities
- Vision 2019- investing in staff, shutting down shop and taking all employees to Vision 2019
- Don’t be afraid of your failures
- Put ego aside, ask for help, and share failures to move forward
- Thanks to Carlo Sabucco for his contribution to the aftermarket’s premier podcast.
- Link to Sil’s Auto Centre HERE.
- Link to the ‘BOOKS‘ page highlighting all books discussed in the podcast library HERE. Leaders are readers.
- Leave me an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one of them.
This episode is brought to you by Federal-MogulMotorparts and Garage Gurus. With brands like Moog, Felpro, Wagner Brake, Champion, Sealed Power, FP Diesel and more, they’re the parts techs trust. For serious technical training and support – online, onsite and on-demand – Garage Gurus is everything you need to know. Find out more at fmmotorparts.com and fmgaragegurus.com
If you are not mobile, then listen on your favorite listening app HERE.