Greg Bunch is the owner of Aspen Auto Clinic, a five-location automotive and service business in Colorado. Greg started his passion for cars at 15 when he began rebuilding a 1966 Volkswagen Bug.
Greg is currently a board member for the STEM-based charter school call “Automotive Institute of Science & Technology” and on the Advisory board of Ratchet and Wrench Magazine. Greg is also a board member of the Autocare organization and a certified instructor for the
Key Talking Points:
- We’ve all had to learn to run a business the hard way.
- Read books and going to classes
- He realized that he could no longer be an automotive man in business, but a businessman in the automotive
- Take your toolbox home.
- He had to transform his mentality.
- He stopped filling his brain with all the tech of automotive repair and fill his head with leadership and business principles.
- You cannot be in the center of your business to solve every problem.
- You’ve got to become the CEO of your business by educating your team, then delegate to do it and solve problems on their own.
- Careful not to delegate too quickly.
- Too many will shut their shop down so they can go on vacation. You should never have to do this.
- Get out of your business to run it.
- Consolidation is upon us and you’ll never be prepared for it without these disciplines.
- A special thanks to Greg Bunch for sharing his passion – For The Record.
- Books mentioned in the content library HERE
- Leave me an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one of them.
- Email Carm HERE.
This episode is brought to you by FlexCheck Auto Digital Vehicle Inspection Software.
Savvy shop owners use vehicle inspections to find additional work on a vehicle that the vehicle owner may not know is needed. The most successful shop owners fully inspect every car, every time. It benefits the vehicle owner more than the shop because most vehicle owners want their autos to be reliable.
FlexCheck Auto takes the power of a shop’s inspection process and puts it in the palm of your technician’s hand so that pictures, video and vehicle specific notes about a vehicle’s condition can be shared quickly with vehicle owners. This simple, fully customizable system is designed to operate on any Android device. It improves technician efficiency in the bays, service writer efficiency at the counter, increases average repair order and builds trust with vehicle owners.
Today’s vehicle owners want to receive their vehicles health status electronically, this makes FlexCheck Auto the most transparent way to do sell auto repair. Try it for free for 30 days! Go to FlexCheckAuto.com to learn more.
Download the Remarkable Results Radio listening APP for your smart device: