Guest host and shop tour with Jon Kloosterman, Director of Operations, Westside Service, Zeeland, MI. Jon discusses his 2 year apprentice program and the importance of hiring employees that will fit into their team culture.
Watch Episode on YouTube HERE
Key Talking Points
- 5 shops, 4 locations
- 2 year apprentice program- cater to your own organization, tool funds, match with master technician, and given time frame to complete certifications.
- Challenge- fitting the business culture
- Finding apprentices through high schools- Jon is on board for local high school.
- Original location- expanded to 7 bays
- “Goals Set, Goals Accomplished” – team goals lead to team events
Connect with the Podcast:
Check out today’s partner:
Dorman gives people greater freedom to fix vehicles by constantly developing new repair solutions that put owners and technicians first. Take the Dorman Virtual Tour at www.DormanProducts.com/Tour