Matt Lachowitzer shares his strategy for keeping his team engaged and communicative, including shutting down his business for three days to hold a company meeting. The meeting focused on differentiation, engagement, and culture and included a keynote speaker and team-building activities. The episode highlights Matt’s commitment to creating a fun, engaging workplace culture that fosters collaboration and growth.
- Watch Full Video: HERE
- Purpose of the company meeting [00:03:28]
- Differentiation [00:03:49] Matt Lachowitzer talks about the importance of differentiation and how they brought in a speaker to help their team think about how they can differentiate themselves from other businesses.
- Communication tools [00:05:23]
- Shutting down the business for a company meeting [00:07:23]
- Training Breakout Sessions [00:09:29] Matt talks about the different breakout sessions they had during the training event, including technician training classes and service advisor and manager training.
- Feedback and Extracurricular Activities [00:13:36]
- Customer Lifecycle and Experience [00:17:36]
- FORD [00:18:41] Matt explains the FORD acronym, which stands for Family, Occupation, Recreation, and Dreams, and how his company uses it to build relationships with customers.
- Company Culture [00:20:39] Matt emphasizes the importance of company culture and how it has led him to start his own coaching company, Hammer Consulting.
- Rockstar of the Month [00:20:48] Matt talks about his company’s Rockstar of the Month award, given to team members who embody the company’s culture and attitude.
- Importance of Establishing Culture [00:23:53] Carm and Matt discuss the importance of establishing a company culture and how it can be done through small efforts like showing employees that you care.
Thanks to our Partner, Dorman Products. Dorman gives people greater freedom to fix vehicles by constantly developing new repair solutions that put owners and technicians first. Take the Dorman Virtual Tour at www.DormanProducts.com/Tour
Connect with the Podcast:
-Join our Insider List: https://remarkableresults.biz/insider
-All books mentioned on our podcasts: https://remarkableresults.biz/books
-Our Classroom page for personal or team learning: https://remarkableresults.biz/classroom
-Buy Me a Coffee: https://www.buymeacoffee.com/carm
-The Aftermarket Radio Network: https://aftermarketradionetwork.com
-Special episode collections: https://remarkableresults.biz/collections