As leaders, we all know that culture is important, but how often do we take the time to really analyze and shape it? Culture is the company’s personality, starting with the leadership team. Michael Smith discusses the significance of culture and offers advice on how to become a better leader. However, toxic culture can hold a company back. Michael advises leaders to identify toxic elements and people in their company and take action to eliminate them. He emphasizes that leaders must be held accountable for the core values and purpose of the company, and they must take action to ensure that the company’s culture aligns with these values.
- Watch Full Video: HERE
- (00:03:07) The Number of Shops in the Industry is Shrinking. Michael Smith discusses the number of shops in the automotive aftermarket industry and how it is shrinking due to consolidation.
- (00:05:41) Culture Starts with the Leadership Team.
- (00:07:12) Advice on Becoming a Better Leader and Finding the Purpose of the Business.
- (00:08:52) Starting a Culture. The importance of core values and purpose in building a strong culture from day one.
- (00:10:47) Assessing Your Culture. Methods for analyzing and assessing the current state of a company’s culture, including surveys and AI data collection.
- (00:13:06) Eliminating Toxicity. Strategies for identifying and addressing toxic elements within a company’s culture, including difficult decisions about high-producing but toxic employees.
- (00:15:56) Importance of culture. Michael Smith emphasizes the importance of culture in the automotive aftermarket industry and how it starts with the leadership team.
- (00:19:08) The power of coaching and networking.
Thanks to our Partner, Dorman Products. Dorman gives people greater freedom to fix vehicles by constantly developing new repair solutions that put owners and technicians first. Take the Dorman Virtual Tour at www.DormanProducts.com/Tour
Connect with the Podcast:
-Join our Insider List: https://remarkableresults.biz/insider
-All books mentioned on our podcasts: https://remarkableresults.biz/books
-Our Classroom page for personal or team learning: https://remarkableresults.biz/classroom
-Buy Me a Coffee: https://www.buymeacoffee.com/carm
-The Aftermarket Radio Network: https://aftermarketradionetwork.com
-Special episode collections: https://remarkableresults.biz/collections