- AJ Nealey, Nealey’s Auto Service, Edgewater, MD
- John Klarkowski, AutoPro Auto Service, Brooklyn Park, MN
- Discover the number of cars that pass by your location. Search for Car Count in your County
- Find a state or county website
- They may update the numbers yearly
- Number of cars, trucks, etc
- AJ started with a DIY sign
- His new sign cost him $42K
- The company he hired did the permitting
- AJ justified at $700 per month because his referrals justified the investment
- If he gets 3 new customers a month. Sign pays for it.
- His driveby referrals doubled
- Lights up at night
- AJ can change the sign wording from anywhere
- Seasonal message
- If it is going to rain that day he can put up a message on wiper blades
- AJ has over-communicated his brand message and is totally consistent
- John started with not much money and created signs on a budget
- The old-style sign with the letters needed to be changed 15’ up in the air
- John’s is located off the path with only 4,000 cars a day going by
- Installed digital sign and he saw within 8 months an increase in car count of 20%
- People said they discovered him because of his sign
- Digital signs grab attention
- His signs change every 20 seconds
- Check with your local ordinances
- The messages are their unique selling points
- The messages are conversation starters
- John started to change his clientele from the shop he purchased. A strong reason for the branding and signage change
- Product packaging shows professionalism
- John’s investment is prox $15K for his digital sign
- He went with monochrome. A single color
- AJ went with color in his digital sign
- Make your branding professional that may include a new sign
- More car count
- More professional customers
- John $120K increase in revenue because of his sign and branding investment
- Link to the ‘BOOKS‘ page, highlighting all books discussed in the podcast library HERE. Leaders are readers.
- Listen for free on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spreaker, iHeart Radio, Spotify, Podchaser, and many more. Mobile Listening APP’s HERE
- Find every podcast episode HERE.
- Every episode is segmented by Series HERE.
- Key Word Search HERE.
Be socially involved and in touch with the show:
Are you seeing auto shops in your area get hundreds of 5-star Google reviews and are you feeling left behind because your shop only has a few?
Hey look, Broadly is your answer to getting more online reviews. With more reviews, your business will rank higher in search results — and that means more customers coming into your shop every day.
Broadly helps you automatically request reviews so that your customers can promote your business with just one click.
When you immediately ask for a review after service, when the experience is still fresh in their mind, // you’re more likely to get a 5-star positive review.
Plus, asking for feedback makes your customer feel valued and more connected to your business. Isn’t that what you want a connected customer? See how Broadly can help grow your auto shop. Visit www.getbroadly.com/carm to learn more.