Bob Greenwood, AMAM (Accredited Master Automotive Manager) is President and C.E.O. of Automotive Aftermarket E-Learning Centre Ltd. (AAEC).
It is a company focused on providing Business Management Resources and Development for the Independent Sector of the aftermarket industry. It’s content and technology is recognized as part of the curriculum of the Fixed Operations Diploma and the Aftermarket Degree courses taken at the Automotive Business School of Canada at Georgian College located in Barrie Ontario Canada. This school is the leader and only college in Canada that offers an automotive business education. AAEC is also recognized by the Automotive Management Institute (AMI), located in North Richland Hills, Texas USA, allowing 80 credits for successful completion of the AAEC E-Learning portion of the site towards the 120 credits required to obtain the reputable Accredited Automotive Manager (AAM) designation. Bob’s previous episodes are HERE.
Key Talking Points:
- You need a CEO mindset
- You need to move to the next level of the new aftermarket
- You need to view your business from the 10,000-foot level
- It takes time to learn this new role/position
- You must ‘RE’ your business
- Re-New the business model
- Re-Learn the business
- Re-Tool the business
- Re-Certify your standards
- Re-Professionalize the business
- The mindset of Change. Five bridges the CEO needs to cross
- Ability to manage change
- The structure that supports the execution
- Right people in the right place
- Alignment of owner priority. Walk the talk
- Shop wide coordination and cooperation. Team. Respect every position
- Any size shop needs to find their desire of where they would like to be
- These CEO disciplines work for any size business
- Thanks to Bob Greenwood for his contribution to the aftermarket’s premier podcast.
- Link to the ‘BOOKS‘ page highlighting all books discussed in the podcast library HERE. Leaders are readers.
- Web Site: http://www.aaec.ca
- Greenwood Motor Age Magazine Articles:http://www.searchautoparts.com/motorage/author/bob-greenwood
- Greenwood Garage Videos:https://www.autoserviceworld.com/video-series/greenwoods-garage/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/vehicleim
- Greenwood Motor Age Magazine ArticlesGreenwood Garage Videos
- Leave me an honest review on iTunes. Your ratings and reviews really help and I read each one of them.
- Love what we do, buy a cup of coffee HERE.
Be socially involved and in touch with the show:
Listen for free on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spreaker, iHeart Radio, Spotify, Podchaser and many more. Mobile Listening APP’s HERE
The NAPA Smart Sign, previously known as Digital Menu Board, gives your shop a professional, state-of-the-art look and feel. It’s a great way to educate and inform your customers about needed repairs and service, plus increase awareness of your current promotions. NAPA AutoCare Center that have installed a Digital Menu Board found one out of five consumers ask for a repair or service they’ve seen on the board. Targeted promotions resulted in double-digit increases. You choose the content from a library of auto care service and repair topics. The latest NAPA national promotions are downloaded to you automatically. And with the Digital Menu Board it’s easy to change your services, prices, and video content anytime you’d like. Talk to your servicing NAPA store to find out more.
Learn more about Pro Image and the hundreds of other benefits NAPA offers. Talk with your servicing NAPA store or visit www.NAPAAutoCare.com.